Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage users....

Old 09-28-2008, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rage users....

ORIGINAL: NChunterman

If the allen screw strips call RAGE and they will send you a brand new pack. FREE OF CHARGE. The buck I killed mangled the blades but no problems replacing them.
They weren't doing this last year. Must have gotten a ton of calls on the subject. I did manage to find them (little allen screw) in a very large well stocked hardware store. Most had the screws in the next size larger.
As for replacing blades I'm with Rob on this one. Blades get one shot!
Old 09-28-2008, 07:31 PM

I have reused a Rage 2 blade on 3 deerw/o needing to replace the blades. However, Ialways clean the heads and resharpen the blades after each use. I did try and remove the blades after the first kill and the allen screw did indeed strip. I have to admit that the Rage broadhead design and performance is quite impressive. Although, I'm switching to Rocky Mtn Snypers next week. In fact, they should be arrivingto my house tomorrow.
Wait a minute...my wife just told me I recieved a package in the mail yesterday. Women...better late than never I guess.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:32 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-28-2008, 07:38 PM

I plan on replacing the blades after I shoot them once. Now does anyone know if it matters how they screw in to your arrow.. does the head or bladesneed to be horizontal or something?? or can you just screw em on and roll out??
Old 09-28-2008, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Screw them in and shoot.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:43 PM

good enough for me, thanks....I know 0 about mech heads, but Im going to try them this Sat for the opener...can you buy the replacement bladeseasily???
Old 09-28-2008, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, I always buy a set of blades when I buy new BH's. BTW, I was very impressed with the Rage last year, shot one doe, but I'll be using the Slick Tricks 125g this year. They fly just as good as the Rage and I like the extra weight up front.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:50 PM

ST 's will also be in myquiver, however, I am not very pleased with them as far as there quality...they fly great, but I have had at least 3 that I can't get the blades to lock down, there is a little rattle in them no matter what...
Old 09-28-2008, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

ST 's will also be in myquiver, however, I am not very pleased with them as far as there quality...they fly great, but I have had at least 3 that I can't get the blades to lock down, there is a little rattle in them no matter what...
Did you lose the little washer that goes on behind the blades? mine fit tight.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:00 PM

no I have it... I called them and they said that I to make sure I used the flat side of the washer and I did, still have issues... not all of them, but half of them...

Quick Reply: Rage users....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.