Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage users....

Old 09-28-2008, 08:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Rage users....

ORIGINAL: nfleming399

I used a Muzzy MX-4 a few years ago when they first came out, killed two deer with the same head a week apart and never sharpened it. I still have it and its still plenty sharp enough. Muzzy has always made a great product. You can't really go wrong if durability is what you're after. I use their MX-3's now, top notch.
Are you serious?

I'm not trying to tell you how to hunt but that is very irresponsible.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: annika3

I used a Muzzy MX-4 a few years ago when they first came out, killed two deer with the same head a week apart and never sharpened it. I still have it and its still plenty sharp enough. Muzzy has always made a great product. You can't really go wrong if durability is what you're after. I use their MX-3's now, top notch.
Are you serious?

I'm not trying to tell you how to hunt but that is very irresponsible.
I totally agree ...... I don't understand why guys don't realize the importance of an ultra sharp head?!?!?!?!?!!?![:@]
Old 09-28-2008, 08:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

THAT is totally irresponsible!
Old 09-28-2008, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I agree.

If you can buy a high dollar bow and arrows and all that jazz, you atleast owe it to the deer (and yourself) to have a set of 15 dollar replacement blades for those muzzy's, just constructive criticism here. Its not like they are hard to come by, i dont even re-sharpen blades for mine any more, i just put in brand new ones and throw the old ones out. Do it for the deer.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Landon~~ I am sorry to hear about the trouble your having with your Slick's!! I guess I can play part of the blame since I was one of the ones raving about them to you!!! I really am not sure what the problem could be??

Not trying to hi-jack but what arrow are you using? I just wanna know in case I ever run into such a problem???
Old 09-28-2008, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NY/Al

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I agree.

If you can buy a high dollar bow and arrows and all that jazz, you atleast owe it to the deer (and yourself) to have a set of 15 dollar replacement blades for those muzzy's, just constructive criticism here. Its not like they are hard to come by, i dont even re-sharpen blades for mine any more, i just put in brand new ones and throw the old ones out. Do it for the deer.

Not trying to argue any points here, but maybe he CANT afford a high dollar bow and arrows? I KNOW we owe it to the deer to replace the heads, but before we all get to far on this guys case...maybe ask him if he knows he can resharpen blades? I know its not the best thing to do, but it can be done and maybe he is not aware of that??

.... I am not argueing just wanted to defend him before we got to out of control, I do change blades on my heads...so dont YELL at me...haha!!
Old 09-28-2008, 08:24 PM

Hardwoods, I still think they are good heads, just not as durable as i thought.... I will still shoot them this year... But I want to try the Rage before I come on here and criticize them or anything else I have done before, including shooting girrafes!! Im shooting the Axis ST arrows, but they do it on Carbon Express arrows as well...
Old 09-28-2008, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: WesternMdHardwoods

Not trying to argue any points here, but maybe he CANT afford a high dollar bow and arrows? I KNOW we owe it to the deer to replace the heads, but before we all get to far on this guys case...maybe ask him if he knows he can resharpen blades? I know its not the best thing to do, but it can be done and maybe he is not aware of that??

.... I am not argueing just wanted to defend him before we got to out of control, I do change blades on my heads...so dont YELL at me...haha!!
Dude, what's up with the bold font?

As for your concerns, regardless of his situation, I believe it was still irresponsible because he probably had at least 2 other BH's in the quiver that were perfectly fine.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Primitive Weapon

ORIGINAL: WesternMdHardwoods

Dude, what's up with the bold font?

As for your concerns, regardless of his situation, I believe it was still irresponsible because he probably had at least 2 other BH's in the quiver that were perfectly fine.
Thats very true! I just re-read his post and it seems he is aware that he can sharpen his blade but feels he dont need to so can I put my foot in my mouth now or later???

As far as the bold font, go back through any of my 1500 post and this is what you will see!! I find it easier to read, I could always go back to using the green like I used too?????
Old 09-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hardwoods, I wasnt trying to make him feel little or anything, just offering some advise. If hes a hunter he will see what happenend, and hopefully learn from it, thats how we all get where we are. I wasnt saying he has a high dollar set upsuch as a brand new jobbie, but any bow will most likely cost him something, and since the head is whats really, above all, killing the deer, that it should the the most looked after part of the whole deal IMO. Just my 2 cents.

Peace

Quick Reply: Rage users....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.