Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 SAD LOSS, Found wounded BUCK >

SAD LOSS, Found wounded BUCK

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

SAD LOSS, Found wounded BUCK

Old 09-25-2008, 11:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: SAD LOSS, Found wounded BUCK

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

That's why shed hunters love the end of bow season[&:]
If your comparing the 2 methods of hunting come shed hunting with me. You'd be sickened by all the dead deer laying around with slug holes In them!! Makes me sick!!
Old 09-25-2008, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

You will be surprised how many gun hunters won't track a deer. If it doesn't drop in sight, they assume they missed it.

As for strange things happening (and, as I said, I hope this was an unintentional shot), the strangest thing is some of the people they will give a hunting license. As with a driver's license, some people just shouldn't have them.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:29 AM

ORIGINAL: nissan300ztt

Ive been hunting for 13 years and every year I take 3 to 4 deer a year depending on what the game commission has in there little minds. And ive never missed a deer and never had to track a deer more then 50-100yards. That hunter obviously either was trying to show off or rushed his shot. There is no excuse for missing an arrow shot almost 3 feet from your aiming spot..I shoot between 50-60 arrows a day and i score myself to make sure they are all in the X ring..And I shoot in all kinds of weather snow. rain. high wind. Im an archery junky. In my 19 years of shooting bows whether it be my longbow when i was 10 or my bowtech commander...Ive had some "fliers" but 3 feet is way off. I know ill get ridiculed but i hear lots of hunters say 8-10" groups is meat on the table id rather not take the risk of the 8-10" being a neck or a head shot that severely injuries and not kills an animal. Id rather keep all my bowshots under 30yards and 3" groups.
Yea ...your Thor of Archery, we understand that...but it is directly related to your scientific hunting abilities.[:-]

there is probably somebody out there torn up over having a deflected shot or just simply messing up....why assume someone attempted the shot in the first place?

Old 09-27-2008, 04:09 PM

DELETED for skirting the profanity filter.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:11 PM

Oh yea.

20 yards, 25ft up, and a 4 wheeler in the neighbors yard coming out to play in the woods on opening weekend.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

DELETED for skirting the profanity filter!
Old 09-27-2008, 08:09 PM

Seriously? Please repost it with out it then. Or let me know and I will edit it.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: packrider

Seriously? Please repost it with out it then. Or let me know and I will edit it.
I don't have to. Your welcome to post it without the profanity though.

Rules NUMBER 1 !

1. No vulgar language or profanity - This includes inappropriate words, inappropriate sexual references and other vulgar statements. There are word filters in place for a reason, DO NOT try to bypass them with alternate characters or spellings.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:29 PM

So, post 50, doesn't count? Or is that exceptable? I looked through many post about this deer and found most to be judgemental and down right offensive. If this is the caliber of hunters you have on this forum, maybe this is just for gettimg your "backside chewed".

It takes a man to admit he made a bad shot and a liar to say he never misses.

That's all I've tried to do is own up to a bad shot and not a bad choice.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

That's why shed hunters love the end of bow season[&:]
If your comparing the 2 methods of hunting come shed hunting with me. You'd be sickened by all the dead deer laying around with slug holes In them!! Makes me sick!!
Amen Shultzy but I won't go into details on what I've seen and to think Lcc preached unity in the anti thread. Hmmph. [&:]

Quick Reply: SAD LOSS, Found wounded BUCK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.