HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - SAD LOSS, Found wounded BUCK
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 11:29 AM
TEmbry

Default RE: SAD LOSS, Found wounded BUCK

ORIGINAL: nissan300ztt

Ive been hunting for 13 years and every year I take 3 to 4 deer a year depending on what the game commission has in there little minds. And ive never missed a deer and never had to track a deer more then 50-100yards. That hunter obviously either was trying to show off or rushed his shot. There is no excuse for missing an arrow shot almost 3 feet from your aiming spot..I shoot between 50-60 arrows a day and i score myself to make sure they are all in the X ring..And I shoot in all kinds of weather snow. rain. high wind. Im an archery junky. In my 19 years of shooting bows whether it be my longbow when i was 10 or my bowtech commander...Ive had some "fliers" but 3 feet is way off. I know ill get ridiculed but i hear lots of hunters say 8-10" groups is meat on the table id rather not take the risk of the 8-10" being a neck or a head shot that severely injuries and not kills an animal. Id rather keep all my bowshots under 30yards and 3" groups.
Yea ...your Thor of Archery, we understand that...but it is directly related to your scientific hunting abilities.[:-]

there is probably somebody out there torn up over having a deflected shot or just simply messing up....why assume someone attempted the shot in the first place?