Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Must have accesories for a bowhunter' s ATV ? >

Must have accesories for a bowhunter' s ATV ?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Must have accesories for a bowhunter' s ATV ?

Old 03-18-2003, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Must have accesories for a bowhunter' s ATV ?

Just curious what products, accesories, modifacations you have put on or done to your ATV' s to make it the best for bowhunting?

Thanks!
Old 03-19-2003, 03:57 AM

Default RE: Must have accesories for a bowhunter' s ATV ?

Well I' ve built a receiver system similar to the one that Montana Jacks sells
This way I can put my winch front or rear, I can install a canoe carrier, and an extra carrying rack for gas cans or chainsaws.
I think putting the winch on the rear of the bike will definately come in handy. I will be able to leave the trailer hooked on to the original hitch and still winch the moose onto the trailer.
I tried the Bow rack but the arrows and BOW took alot of abuse in heavy trails and mud. Now I just use a Hardcase strapped down on the rear of the Quad!
A rechargable MAG lite that I have when needed (it' s AC/DC rechargable) mounts on the Bike
Still would like a GPS unit for it
AL
Old 03-19-2003, 06:06 AM

I have a gun.bow rack with the rubber coated forks. Tried every fancy rig over last 12 years and came back to forks and bungees. Still beats bow up some. May try the hardcase or look at getting the padded rear rack bag with straps and putting bow on top. Have had a kolpin gun boot but it lost the lining from rough use and started rubbing guns bright so it,s gone. Anything else I use is in my backpack. I ride very rough country but no winch as I can bounce my scooter around to get it out of trouble. Good hunting.
Old 03-19-2003, 07:37 AM
Typical Buck

I have a universal gunrack by API that I carry my bow in. I have a super winch mounted on the front, and here' s a pic of my winch pole I made for loadin my deer. this works great for people with bad backs.
Old 03-19-2003, 09:11 AM

If your from Wisconsin, you can put ant accesorry on it that you want, just stay on legal trails or on your OWN property like the LAW says.
Old 03-19-2003, 10:41 AM

Hey bogobble-That' s a cool winch pole. I might reconsider that winch for my 4trax now that Ive see that. Would be great for handling elk by myself as I' m gettin old. Did you weld it to the rack?
Old 03-20-2003, 10:11 AM
Typical Buck

Glennin, it' s not welded to the rack. I have it bolted to it with two 1/4" bolts through each base plate(2 on each side). I have loaded 8 point bucks weighing around 175-185 lbs with it by myself. I don' t think my big bear 400 could handle a small elk, let alone a big bull
Old 03-20-2003, 03:11 PM

My little 300 4trax has taken whole cow elk out in pieces with me riding on top of the carcass and front and rear HQs on the racks. Not too comfy but it does the trick. I usually bone out the bulls and load meat in game bags. I may try to rig up one of your poles soon. Thanks.
Old 03-20-2003, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

The tube style treestand carrier that hangs off the back rack comes in handy. I used it the other day to move a ladder stand to where the " pigs are now" . I' ve used it to carry climbers, ladders and long boards. It will also hold a hard case perfectly.
Besides that, I have the gun boot, plastic hand brush guards (nice addition) and FOAM GRIPS. The foam grips cost under $10.00 and are the best improvement you can make for the money. They make the smoother quads seem even smoother, and the rough riders very manageable.

I carry my bow in a soft case that I craddles in my lap. This keeps the mud off and allows almost no vibrations to reach the bow. The more padding in your lap the more cushion for the bow!!
Old 03-20-2003, 05:09 PM
Dominant Buck

Just a luggage rack on top and a trailer hitch.

Quick Reply: Must have accesories for a bowhunter' s ATV ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.