Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

any ideas

Old 09-23-2008, 10:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default any ideas

guys. I traded my ford for a chevy with 7 inchs of lift. so getting a deer in it will be a some work. I bought a game cart. i thought about taking some 2x4s or 2x6s and using them for ramps. then i had a hillbilly idea must be from my days in KY.
i have a old jetski trailer i do not need. I thought about taking it apart and using the two main beams. to make a hoist. There are a few places i can mount it to my truck with out much trouble or damage to the truck.
First i though take one run up the side of the bed on the inside. Then take a swivel like a short boat seat swivel and mount it to the first beam. Then run a short piece say 24 inch's across the top of the swivel. and use a hand crank to crank the deer up and turn it into the truck.

What do you think of the idea. Would a boat seat swivel hold up or what should i use for a swivel.
also if i cranked the deer up by the head or front feet would that aid in gutting the deer when it was vertical. i would think if you cut it open the guts would fall right out.
Also how long would the main beam need to be if the bottom is on the bed of the truck for the deer to clear the bottom of the bed
Old 09-23-2008, 10:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: any ideas

I think you should shoot a deer first.

Seriously dude, just shoot a deer, gut the damn thing, drag it back to the truck, and toss it in the bed. Not that hard.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:22 AM
Dominant Buck

You are 6'5"!

Wrap a rope around a doe's neck....or grab a buck by his antlers and drag it in!

NO PROBLEMS!
Old 09-23-2008, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Shoot a little one.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:26 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

You are 6'5"!

Wrap a rope around a doe's neck....or grab a buck by his antlers and drag it in!

NO PROBLEMS!
Yep...I'm not a big guy and I have pulled 200+ lb dressed bucks into the back of my truck by myself using a glenn's deer handle.

Tim...why did you get a truck that sits so high anyway? Looks like it's gonna be a pain in the ass
Old 09-23-2008, 11:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

the side of the bed sits eye level so just grapping it and tossing it in will be a chore
ORIGINAL: quiksilver

I think you should shoot a deer first.

Seriously dude, just shoot a deer, gut the damn thing, drag it back to the truck, and toss it in the bed. Not that hard.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

at the hieght of the truck i will have to dead lift the deer either picking it up and tossing it in the 51/2 foot high bed or pulling it up to the point where i would be lifting it all the way off the ground.
ORIGINAL: cooter144

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

You are 6'5"!

NO PROBLEMS!
Yep...I'm not a big guy and I have pulled 200+ lb dressed bucks into the back of my truck by myself using a glenn's deer handle.

Tim...why did you get a truck that sits so high anyway? Looks like it's gonna be a pain in the ass
Old 09-23-2008, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

The first thing you did right was trade your ford for a chevy..
Old 09-23-2008, 12:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

hey i am a ford person just the chevy had a better body 1985 body with almost no rust.
ORIGINAL: bowmanaj

The first thing you did right was trade your ford for a chevy..
Old 09-23-2008, 01:01 PM
Spike

hey i like the use of a game cart& 2x6 i torn me rotion cuff by draging a big deer by myself

Quick Reply: any ideas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.