HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - any ideas
Thread: any ideas
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 10:14 AM
bigtim6656
Giant Nontypical

Default any ideas

guys. I traded my ford for a chevy with 7 inchs of lift. so getting a deer in it will be a some work. I bought a game cart. i thought about taking some 2x4s or 2x6s and using them for ramps. then i had a hillbilly idea must be from my days in KY.
i have a old jetski trailer i do not need. I thought about taking it apart and using the two main beams. to make a hoist. There are a few places i can mount it to my truck with out much trouble or damage to the truck.
First i though take one run up the side of the bed on the inside. Then take a swivel like a short boat seat swivel and mount it to the first beam. Then run a short piece say 24 inch's across the top of the swivel. and use a hand crank to crank the deer up and turn it into the truck.

What do you think of the idea. Would a boat seat swivel hold up or what should i use for a swivel.
also if i cranked the deer up by the head or front feet would that aid in gutting the deer when it was vertical. i would think if you cut it open the guts would fall right out.
Also how long would the main beam need to be if the bottom is on the bed of the truck for the deer to clear the bottom of the bed