Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 New Bowtech and Diamond Pics! >

New Bowtech and Diamond Pics!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Bowtech and Diamond Pics!

Old 09-23-2008, 07:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: New Bowtech and Diamond Pics!

Matt, it is the Iceman you're talking about right?
Old 09-23-2008, 07:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

Matt, it is the Iceman you're talking about right?
Yes he is.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:03 PM

I want a Sentinel.....now
Old 09-23-2008, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the specs on the Iceman and the Admiral lots!!!!!!

Hopefully I can scrounge up the money next year to give these two a peek!!!

Old 09-23-2008, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was just discussing the idea with the fiance....[]of dropping $830..... who says I "have" to get married in August? J/K but it's gonna be hard not to go in debt for that, Im planning on selling my old 1969 Chevy pickup here in the near future.... I need to keep a little of the money(and buy a new bow)to ease the pain right?LOL I hate my addiction in correspondence to my income.

So Matt, Rob, whoever willing to talk, No modules? Thats pretty sweet, but you know the one of the first questions... Limbs, did they do something different? Can you say? Im just curious. When will they be in shops available to shoot?
Old 09-23-2008, 08:15 PM
Fork Horn

I love my 2007 Guardian... but after seeing this lineup, I can't help but want to try out a couple of these bows. For some reason I am really liking the Iceman by Diamond.

Looks I might end up selling my old PSE to get some money towards another bow. I want to be like Greg and Matt... and have multiple options to take into the woods.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

So Matt, Rob, whoever willing to talk, No modules? Thats pretty sweet, but you know the one of the first questions... Limbs, did they do something different? Can you say? Im just curious. When will they be in shops available to shoot?
What do you think?

I saw some of the raw undipped blanks and they are epoxy coated and have something else going on with the limb back but I don't know the technical aspects of it just yet.
The limb tips are reinforced with a thick aluminum "U" shaped fitting over the top and sides of the limbs that is drilled through after fitting for precision and will add even more vertical strength to the limb ends.

The axle system is also a precision bolt through system with no e-clips or need for spacers or washers like every conventional axle system on the market.....which will quiet the ends down and further reduce lateral instability while improving the overall tolerances.
Its a really slick set up.

The limb bolts are also incredibly long and will allow you to completely relax and work on the bow without the need for a bow press.........I cannot stress enough that this design is easily the hardest bow to press correctly even with the limb improvements, older improper style presses can hammer this style bow.
I doubt I will ever put my new center pivots in a press, its too easy to do it wrong.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:44 PM
Fork Horn

Matt/Pa....whatare the weights like? any lighter than the 08's(guardian/general)? don't have to be numbers, just what you felt.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: djs06dc5

Matt/Pa....whatare the weights like? any lighter than the 08's(guardian/general)? don't have to be numbers, just what you felt.

The Admiral's mass weight is down from the Generals.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:57 PM

Default RE: New Bowtech's and Diamond's

The Iceman andStud look nice but it looks like I will just stick with my Black Ice. Heck, I just bought it in February of this year, lol.

Quick Reply: New Bowtech and Diamond Pics!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.