HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Bowtech and Diamond Pics!
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 08:20 PM
Matt / PA
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: New Bowtech and Diamond Pics!

So Matt, Rob, whoever willing to talk, No modules? Thats pretty sweet, but you know the one of the first questions... Limbs, did they do something different? Can you say? Im just curious. When will they be in shops available to shoot?
What do you think?

I saw some of the raw undipped blanks and they are epoxy coated and have something else going on with the limb back but I don't know the technical aspects of it just yet.
The limb tips are reinforced with a thick aluminum "U" shaped fitting over the top and sides of the limbs that is drilled through after fitting for precision and will add even more vertical strength to the limb ends.

The axle system is also a precision bolt through system with no e-clips or need for spacers or washers like every conventional axle system on the market.....which will quiet the ends down and further reduce lateral instability while improving the overall tolerances.
Its a really slick set up.

The limb bolts are also incredibly long and will allow you to completely relax and work on the bow without the need for a bow press.........I cannot stress enough that this design is easily the hardest bow to press correctly even with the limb improvements, older improper style presses can hammer this style bow.
I doubt I will ever put my new center pivots in a press, its too easy to do it wrong.