Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 holy **** thats alot >

holy **** thats alot

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

holy **** thats alot

Old 09-15-2008, 08:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: holy **** thats alot

lol i am lucky only one i got to listen to about my spending is myself and i am pretty open to how i spend my cash
ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

i went into excel and add some stuff i bought today.
After i buy my range finder in a week or so. I will have spent 1500 bucks this year on hunting stuff not counting gas or the work i am doing on my truck. I could spend another 1500 easy. good this is a costly hobby
I'm not telling you nor my wife how much I've spent this year alone on bowhunting, and it's not over yet.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think the sporting good stores and pro shops would be better off not listing the prices. That way when people ask how much they spent on it they can say i dont know and they wont have to lie about it.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stickler

I have a strict don't ask, don't tell policy. If my wife doesn't ask, I don't tell....

Even if she did ask I wouldn't tell.....

Wayne
+1
Old 09-15-2008, 09:10 PM
Fork Horn

At least now I know I'm not the only one spending piles of cash on hunting stuff.....
Old 09-15-2008, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

cripes, it's been a rough year for me too - mathews dxt, quiver, case, sight, stabilizer, arrows, broadheads = 1600+
24' travel trailer for the hunting land = we won't go there....

moultrie i60... 3 ladder stands... sprayer for the atv for the food plots, 4 of those orange gutting gloves with the really long sleeves

my wife doesn't even want to know. i asked her if she wanted to know how much the bow was and she said no. she's awesome!
Old 09-15-2008, 09:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've tried to buy something, they just haven't made anything better enough. Most of the stores I go into have the same old same old and many of them just plain stink. I'd like to drive up to cabela's but the last 2 times weren't worth it at all. The archery depatment in the Dundee store is crap.

The only thing I'd like to buy are the new Lacross boots, them baby's look nice. Wouldn't mind trying the scent blocker boots just because they're light as a feather. It's like lifting nothing! Other than that there really isn't squat worth upgrading too.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't keep track, anymore[&:]
Old 09-16-2008, 04:10 AM
Fork Horn

In the past year, I've had to start basically from scratch since I am just getting into bowhunting. I had some camo and boots from rifle hunting, but that was it. I went the CHEAP way by getting as much as I could from ebay, classifieds, bargain bin, or hand me downs from my brother or friends. I bet I still have at least $2,000 and counting in everything. Of course I know a guy that has about that much in his hunting bow, not including his target bow!

Old 09-16-2008, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm pretty lucky. My wife thinks all guns and bows look alike and wouldn't even notice a new treestand in the pile. The trick is dispose of all cardboard as quickly as possible and don't leave any Dick's or Cabelas bags around.
My standard answer is that oldthing has been around for years no matter what it is. Plus I don't flich when she orders a new couch or something. I just go for the ride.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:11 AM
Dominant Buck

My wife used to tell me at the end of the year when she got the last Credit Card bill how much I had spent on hunting related stuff. LOL It was a revelation for sure at times.[&:] Good thing she didn't have privy to all the cash transactions I had. LOL AND, this never included things like 4 wheel drive trucks or gas[8D] It's better than spending it on partys and booze.

Quick Reply: holy **** thats alot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.