Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 holy **** thats alot >

holy **** thats alot

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

holy **** thats alot

Old 09-15-2008, 07:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default holy **** thats alot

i went into excel and add some stuff i bought today.
After i buy my range finder in a week or so. I will have spent 1500 bucks this year on hunting stuff not counting gas or the work i am doing on my truck. I could spend another 1500 easy. good this is a costly hobby
Old 09-15-2008, 07:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: holy **** thats alot

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

After i buy my range finder in a week or so. I will have spent 1500 bucks this year on hunting stuff not counting gas or the work i am doing on my truck. I could spend another 1500 easy. good this is a costly hobby
I'm not telling you nor my wife how much I've spent this year alone on bowhunting, and it's not over yet.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

It happens!
Old 09-15-2008, 07:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

it only gets worse as you go.....let me be the first to warn you...

initially, it can be costly to aquire the gear etc thats "needed"

but then the "wanting" kicks in....

then the "wanting the best of the best" comes...instead of a 300$ bow you want the 700$ bare bow...instead of the 50$ arrows you want the 150$ arrows....dont worry, you'll see what i mean!

i never add up prices lol....my head might spin....i know if i sold all my guns and hunting gear and bow and all that id have a pile of cash.....even USED!

cant put a price on happiness and enjoyment....

nice thing about hunting is you can go out with bare necessities(weapon and license) and still be successful....believe me..i got a buddy that spends maybe 50$ a year on hunting...thats his license and shells....has more fun than anyone could imagine and always tags a buck...often a nice one for the area....hunts in jeans and chaps and a jacket and some orange...(drive hunter...never seen him sit for a second lol) but he has a blast and kills deer...then keeps pushing all season for everyone else...honestly has a ton of fun...
Old 09-15-2008, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

I'm not telling you nor my wife how much I've spent this year alone on bowhunting, and it's not over yet.
Um, ya Rob, can you make sure not to tell MY wife how much I spent on just treestands alone? And you are right, it ain't over yet baby. I hooked into a side job today that will take me the rest of the way home and then have enough left over to silence the little woman for at least the month of October.[8D]
Old 09-15-2008, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

I have a strict don't ask, don't tell policy. If my wife doesn't ask, I don't tell....

Even if she did ask I wouldn't tell.....

Wayne
Old 09-15-2008, 07:38 PM

Ive made double this year over any previous years....and I not only spent every penny, Ive even cut my savings from those previous years in half. Having a steady gf for once, getting a newish truck, and still buying all kinds of hunting gear all add up big time. The more you make, the more you spend...its hard to save it back.[][8D]

I dont even want to think about what gas will do to me for this upcoming fall bowhunting, winter waterfowl, and spring turkey season in a big truck....Lets say by next mowing season, I will be rubbing nickels together.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:41 PM

I mowed lawns all summer to afford this hobby, my lisence will be another 37 bucks that I will have to make, plus insane high cell phone bill, stupid iphone data plans. Its tuff with no help from parents and a seasonal job.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, it truly is quite an addiction. I have a little less than one year left until I get married. Can you say hunting shopping spree?[8D]
Old 09-15-2008, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh Man.... This year Ive made more money than ever, and also spent more money than ever....

These are my outstanding debts:

Car (for work[:@])
Insurance
Cell
ATV
Engagement Ring

Add In Hunting, gas, and taking the lady out to dinner....[&:]Im a 20yo guy getting married next year working two part time jobs andonly a little over$10,000 in debt. Thats less than a cheap used car.Soits not that bad... the bills do get paid on time... you just wont find me cruising around in anything newer than my 2000 chevy s10 for a long time. Most of my buddies i graduated with went out and got that brand new $30-$40,000 Truck. I'd rather have other nice things.

Quick Reply: holy **** thats alot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.