Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Funniest things bowhunters have done >

Funniest things bowhunters have done

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Funniest things bowhunters have done

Old 09-14-2008, 06:04 AM
Fork Horn

Default Funniest things bowhunters have done

What are some of the things bowhunters you know have done that make you chuckle when you think of it?

Two come to my mind.

An elderly fellow I worked with had a farm and took up bowhunting. He came to work knowing I was really into bowhunting and told me how a buck had began rubbing a sapling 35 yards from his permanent treestand. The distance being to great for a shot, he cut the sapling off at the ground and cemented it back into the ground closer to his stand.

Secondly,my son, a college student came home to hunt some of the rut. While perched high in a tree stand he needed to relieve himself. He had to take a dump. Now he didn't want to get down and disturb the activity he'd been seeing, so he pulled one of those long plastic gloves from his field dressing kit and did the job. Man, they need to put directions on those kits, I didn't know thats what those long gloves were in there for!
Old 09-14-2008, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Funniest things bowhunters have done

I found a huge set of tracks from the biggest buck to ever walk the woods.This thing was gonna weigh a ton!!
Hours later I caught up to the beast only to find it was a big pink PIG that had got out of his pen. ARG....Never realized that pig tracks and deer tracks were so similar.I think he would have tasted just fine though!!
Old 09-14-2008, 06:11 AM
Dominant Buck

Now he didn't want to get down and disturb the activity he'd been seeing, so he pulled one of those long plastic gloves from his field dressing kit and did the job. Man, they need to put directions on those kits, I didn't know thats what those long gloves were in there for!

That's really pretty clever if ya ask me..
Old 09-14-2008, 11:43 AM

Oh this is an easy one. It seems like everytime I go hunting, my stomach gets up-set a and as soon as I get in my stand, I have to take a crap. Not just any crap niether, you know the screaming craps. Like hold on here we go. Well once it happend and Ofcource I finally get out of my tree, and man do I REALLY have to go. So I walk twords the truck and find a place to go. I lean up against the tree and let it happen. And I didn't have enough lean going and shight right in my pants.......niiiiice. Friend gets back and I telling him what had happend, and he is just rolling laughing. When he can finally talk, he points in front of the truck and points out a porta-crapper right in front of the truck................. in my panic of trying to get away from my hunting spot and getting back to truck so I could find a leaner tree to go. Well I crapped in my pants anyways. and ended up going home going commando. I can laugh a bout it now, but man did that suck...............
Old 09-14-2008, 02:05 PM
Fork Horn

Here is a good one ! years ago a bunch of us went to the mountains to archery hunt out of my buddies camp. Well the week before my buddy and a couple of other guys were up there golfing. To make a long story short my friend forgot his boots and it was raining so he started looking around camp and found a pair of rubber shoe covers, but the thing he didn't relieze is they had golf spikes on the bottom. He grew three inches by the time we crossed through the woods. I have never laughed so hard in my life.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:08 PM
Fork Horn

Fell asleep in my tree stand listening to my ipod and luckily had my harness, just then i noticed a buck coming out of a clearing and i couldnt get my bow up in time. he was gone.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:09 PM

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3035981

This is pretty funny
Old 09-14-2008, 04:45 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Bowtech 360

This is pretty funny
Oh I see what you did there.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:48 PM

ORIGINAL: rjdumas

ORIGINAL: Bowtech 360

This is pretty funny
Oh I see what you did there.
ya i have to give credit for that 1 to my GF, I finally got ot use MY computer and then she sees that post and does that. She thinks that we are silly. Myspace is all she does on MY computer.