Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Go home Ike

Old 09-14-2008, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Go home Ike

I am glad our season didn't start today. No way I would have been in my stand. We have gotten 3.5 inches of rain from the remnants of Hurricane Ikesince midnight last night and its not done yet. I love to hunt, but I ain't sitting in that.

It is suppose to stop later today and be nice for the opener tomorrow. Now I just have to figure out which stands I can still get to. I hunt around a lot of small creeks here and I know they will be out of their banks for a while.

Time to head to HIGH GROUND!!
Old 09-14-2008, 09:04 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Go home Ike

Yup!! GO HOME!!!

BUT - it'll all supposed be done this afternoon according to both weather.com and accuweather.com!

So what this hopefully means is a lot less activity happening today and then over active tomorrow! I wish it were cloudy tonight, though. Unfortunately it will be a pretty clear night (apparently) and a NEARLY full moon (full moon on the 18th). Which means we better get out to the stand EARLY cause with grazing all night long they will not have a reason to stay out late into the morning. My morning stand has been decided: The best between food and bed spot that I have.

I'll be scouting mid-day for a better location for the same setup (between food and bed). I'm not in the closest bed to the main food source, but I'm around plenty of acorns - so it'll do.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah I just got a text from Greg / MO, he said they have been without power in Jackson, MO since 5AM.

I guess even PA could see some rain from this one, looks like it was supposed to hook hard to the east once it gets close to the great lakes.

Old 09-14-2008, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

I am glad our season didn't start today. No way I would have been in my stand. We have gotten 3.5 inches of rain from the remnants of Hurricane Ikesince midnight last night and its not done yet. I love to hunt, but I ain't sitting in that.

It is suppose to stop later today and be nice for the opener tomorrow. Now I just have to figure out which stands I can still get to. I hunt around a lot of small creeks here and I know they will be out of their banks for a while.

Time to head to HIGH GROUND!!
If your creeks are over flowing....hunting up higher, like along a bean or corn field egde should be money. I'd be excited if I were you. It's flooding here in IL today, but we have 2 more weeks until I can hunt.[:'(]
Old 09-14-2008, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ya we got a ton of rain also, Again!!!!
Wish I didn't have to wait 2 more weeks but that's ok..

I have to spend the rest of today cleaning up.. The wind was crazy too and I've got huge branches down all over the place..

I hope (along with many others from here to the gulf) that this is the last hurricane for the year...
Old 09-14-2008, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

We got over 7" and it's still coming down heavy.[:@]

Old 09-14-2008, 11:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's gettin old[:'(]
Old 09-14-2008, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is Why I love Manitoba! No Hurricanes!! But we do have tornadoes though..
Old 09-14-2008, 12:29 PM

Been raining for far to long here!!! Drove by the timber ground last night and the creek was way up. I hope it doesnt flood its banks!
Old 09-14-2008, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Our rain started Thursday and ended yesterday. 7"+ here. I would have been tickled s***less with 3.5"[:-]

Quick Reply: Go home Ike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.