Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The day my life changed forever.... >

The day my life changed forever....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The day my life changed forever....

Old 09-13-2008, 01:15 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: The day my life changed forever....

Thanks for sharing. Even though I am sure it is difficult to re-live, by doing so you may prevent another such occurence from happening.

I was especially touched by the part of the helicopter ride and the sunset. I was once on the other side of that as I watched my wife's 19 yo niece being flown off after a car accident and wondering if she would still be alive after the 1 1/2 hours it would take me to drive to where they were taking her. (I wasn't in the accident, just happened to be the nearest relative to where the accident occurred and got the unfortunate call.) She subsequently died 3 days later, but I still thank God on a regular basis for the paramedics and the ER personnel that work throughout our country in these situations everyday.

That was 12 years ago and it is still so vivid in my memory. I can't even imagine what it was like for you to go through that ordeal. Again, thanks for sharing.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Dan, I for one am glad your still with us and I've enjoyed your posts and getting to somewhat know you over the years.

I'm not taking anything away from the story and I don't mean to say I can relate but somewhat. I've been shot twice myself. The first, a shotgun blast to the back part of my upper leg. Pellets never entered my skin but it knocked me down and stung like hell.

The second, I took a 30-30 ricochet in the lower back. Again, it never entered my skin but knocked me down and left a welt like I've never had. That one I honestly thought I was done when I ripped off my coat and clothes to see my brother look at it and about faint. I frantically reached for the hole and didn't find blood and calmed down.

Again Dan, thanks for sharing and we're glad your around.
Wow, there are some real morons out there.[:@] I'm glad that you both are okay!! This is one of the reasons why I hunt in a secluded area, because therre are too many ignorant hunters.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm glad your still with us Dan. A near death experience is life changing, one of lifes rare treasures.

live hard but stopandtake it all in, take nothing for granted.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dan, I can't imagine going through something like that. I'm glad you were able to recover and continue to enjoy this way of life we all hold so dear.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:21 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks for sharing Dan...that is very powerful..
Ipraise God your still alive..
Old 09-13-2008, 02:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

That is one crazy story, glad your ok.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dan---tough story but thank you for sharing. By doing so, you really painted a picture of why it is so important to be sure of your target before even touching your safety........I once had a 22 round bounce of a piece of metal and hit me right between the eyes....I tell you what, that day I learned to respect firearms to the utmost.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Typical Buck

It's crazy there are people out there that shoot at movement......Thanks for shareing your story dan. Hopefully it keeps someone from making the same mistake that the kid did........
Old 09-13-2008, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad everything turned at the best that could be expected. Good luck this year.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

wow that was a story glad you got better makes me think twice about hunting during gun season my guest is the saw the deer and started shooting

Glad your ok
also i hope every stays safe this season good luck.

Quick Reply: The day my life changed forever....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.