Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The day my life changed forever.... >

The day my life changed forever....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The day my life changed forever....

Old 09-13-2008, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The day my life changed forever....

Oh wow! im so sorry to hear what happend to you.Its good that your okay now.

People need to be more safer, weather or not those kids were "trying" to harm you or thought you were an animal and didn't think before pulling the trigger.

We went over to duluth for vacation then up to grand mariah for this past summer vacation. It was beautiful, tons of trees though. It gets very thick at times. It can become very dangerous hunting there. My dad bear hunts about 100 miles from there and there are alot of indians around that area. they were told stories from people in town that the indians will hurt you if you mess with them. They didn't like that to well and became very cautious about what they were doing at camp and around camp.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:34 PM

Damn, Dan. I don't even know what to say, bud.

I'm glad you're still with us. Thanks for sharing your story, very inspiring.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow man Im very glad you made it. Thats why I am a strong believer that no one should be in the woods with a gun unless they have completed a gun safety course and are responsible. The kids prob thought you were an animal and that goes to show how crucial it is to make sure of what your aiming at
Old 09-13-2008, 12:42 PM
Typical Buck

Wow, That is an insane story. Thanks for sharing. Glad your OK.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:45 PM

Thanks for the kind workds everyone.

I have to state two things.....

People wonder why I strictly bowhunt.
Jeff, this was bow season. This has nothing to do with gun season or gun hunters. It just happens that the Natives can hunt all fall on the same public land. If I was strictly a bow hunter, the story would still be the same.

Thats why I am a strong believer that no one should be in the woods with a gun unless they have completed a gun safety course and are responsible.
He did complete a hunter's safety course when he was 12.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:54 PM

Wow Dan thanks for sharing with the group. I have an uncle that is blind because of some hunters he was trying run off his land in New Mexico yrs ago. They didn't even know what they were shooting at they hear movement and shot. Lot of stupid people out there.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:55 PM

Holly cow Dan the man up stairs was with you my friend . be carefull out there this year guys and make sure of your taget befor you pull that triger on your release or gun!
Old 09-13-2008, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow that is unbelievable, im glad you are ok
Old 09-13-2008, 01:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Dan, I for one am glad your still with us and I've enjoyed your posts and getting to somewhat know you over the years.

I'm not taking anything away from the story and I don't mean to say I can relate but somewhat. I've been shot twice myself. The first, a shotgun blast to the back part of my upper leg. Pellets never entered my skin but it knocked me down and stung like hell.

The second, I took a 30-30 ricochet in the lower back. Again, it never entered my skin but knocked me down and left a welt like I've never had. That one I honestly thought I was done when I ripped off my coat and clothes to see my brother look at it and about faint. I frantically reached for the hole and didn't find blood and calmed down.

Again Dan, thanks for sharing and we're glad your around.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:12 PM

Wow, Dan that was a very intense story! I am glad your ok and it really makes you stop and thing about things.

Quick Reply: The day my life changed forever....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.