Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Thanks Uncle Ted >

Thanks Uncle Ted

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Thanks Uncle Ted

Old 09-12-2008, 01:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Thanks Uncle Ted

Sometimes I really like Ted& think he's awesome. Sometimes I just shake my head in shame.
Ted is Ted, I don't know what else to say. I'm not going to bad mouth him, but I admit he's got some out there type of antics.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

imo, he means the best but he is very opinionated. i agree with most of his opinions, but he speaks of the nonhunters/city folk as ignorant and he does it out in the open and that is somewhat offensive. dont get me wrong i think it would be a trip to meet the guy and play some guitar with him especially, but he does say alot of stuff that people take the wrong way, which portrays a negative image to some and that gives us all that image.

he does act like an arrogant cynical madman sometimes too but i guess that could be measured as character. btw, i saw him with kiss and thought he was good. sometimes it takes a musicians standpoint to view things a certain way i guess. that being said, he is arrogant as a musician as well. he is good, but not god. anyone see supergroup?
Derek
Old 09-12-2008, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

d:

i play....

i wasnt really familliar with some of his songs, ive heard them all one time or another but never really listened.

his sound was horrible....it was so loud and shrillyoucould barely make out what you were listening to...the Mix was terrible.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will start out by saying I am not a huge Ted fan but good or bad Ted does one thing not many hunters do and thats fight for hunting!!Walt
Old 09-12-2008, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ted is extreme. When he has an opinion, if you don't agree it's best to keep your mouth shut because he won't back down. Whether or not you agree with his personality & style, he does a lot for hunting. His monicker as the "Motor City Madman" is definately not false advertising.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:18 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: racewayking

ORIGINAL: CCPaHunter

Ted was on the Glenn Beck show the other night. He says what he feels and sometimes his tact is, well, rough. My wife sat and watch the whole thing with me to my surprise and she was impressed with and agreed with most everything he said!
That was the show the lady at the doctors office was talking about. I don't dislike Ted but I wish he could find a better way to portray hunting in some respects.
How exactly do you wish he would portray hunting? The guy has the money and the connections to fight for hunting rights. I read one post that complained that he shot everything that walked by. Who cares if he shoots everything. As long as its legal. The anti's do not care if it is a trophy buck, a regular buck or a doe. to them killing is killing. I think he is a great asset!
Old 09-12-2008, 03:20 PM
Fork Horn

just to let some of yall know Ted is one of the largest supporters of the nra and he pushes real hard for our rights as hunters though he may come off cocky and arrogamnt but thats who he is

oh yea and i do have a bad thing about him well here goes my friends uncle owns mcrea outdoors down here in texas and my friend guided for ted. My friend said a 160" double droptine buck cam out witha perfect shot opportunity and ted replied "im waitin for thje big boy" that disgusted me when i heard that
Old 09-12-2008, 03:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

I love Ted. He says what he thinks, stands up for what he believes in and will fight tooth and nail to promote hunting and guns. I only wish I had the money and time to do what he does and speak out on TV like he does.

Usually the people that don't like what he has to say are the people that don't have anything to back up their arguments against his.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

I love it I love the way he speeks his mind. Yeah it might make hunters look bad some times, but get the f over it. I like it when people use there rights to speek there minds. You might not agree with everything thats said or the way they say it. But I'm glad that he isn't a b*tch and scared to say some things. Yes he is crazy but I'm glad he's for hunting and not against hunting.

He is one man, one hunter, if these people are f'ing dumb enough to think every hunter is like ted then they are stupid and should not assume every hunter is the same as Ted. And if people stop you and tell you ted is bad and all hunters are like him then, tell them he's one man. Every person is different.

Old 09-12-2008, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

I love Ted. He says what he thinks, stands up for what he believes in and will fight tooth and nail to promote hunting and guns. I only wish I had the money and time to do what he does and speak out on TV like he does. Me too!

Usually the people that don't like what he has to say are the people that don't have anything to back up their arguments against his.
Exactly.
He certainly employ's "freedom of speech". Sooner or later when you voice your opinions someone's gonna challenge you.
All - in - all, I think he is good for our sport!

Quick Reply: Thanks Uncle Ted

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.