Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Thanks Uncle Ted >

Thanks Uncle Ted

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Thanks Uncle Ted

Old 09-12-2008, 05:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Thanks Uncle Ted

ORIGINAL: my7pointmonster

Ted is probablly the reason for a lot of things that we dont realize, like different rights and ect. Ted is a positive push for us hunters, some people dont understand it but, those people choose not to understand it either. Ted is an "easy out" so to speak.

Ryan.
The guy is in a position to try and win over non hunters. He does not do a very good job of that at all.... The "neutral to hunting people" are the ones we all as huters should try to win over.If one of thease "neutral to hunting people" Get offended by him {which a ton do}, then tell there freinds about it, all of the sudden you have a whole new group going to the other side instead of ours.. Now how is that good for us?????
Old 09-12-2008, 05:15 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

I have always said I feel Ted portrays most hunters in a bad light. He is passionate, but sometimes I just wish he would shut his mouth and not act like a crazed maniac. Most hunters do not act like he does and I hate it that a lot of non hunters picture us like that.

Tons of threads on this site about the nuge though.

Paul
+1million paul!!!! I in no way want to be portrayed as a "nuge hunter" I do mine way different, and better!!!!!!!
Old 09-12-2008, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I refuse to have ted represent me.

He is however, one of the best self promoters ever.
Everything he does is carefully scripted, like a pro wrestling match, to put himself over and get paid.
Someone said he has the money to fight for us - he does not spend one cent of his own to do so. Not unless it's going to pay him a dollar.
More controversy means more attention means more money - he is the master.

Steve

Old 09-12-2008, 06:09 PM
Fork Horn

ha ha yeah aint that the truth look at bill O'r, and Rush L. People hate them but they get paid tons, and people still listen and watch.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:33 PM
Typical Buck

To me 'ole Ted is a dichotomy. He comes across (and represents all of us) as whacky. But he can argue circles around anti's the way few people (in the spotlight) can. Knowing that *I* can't shut him up - I like watching him for entertainment purposes.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:11 PM

She's probably a democratic liberal that doesn't have a clue!
Old 09-12-2008, 07:30 PM

I find that I simply don't agree with him on a lot of things, and it seems like those are the things he keeps yapping about. I wish he could just be vocal in the support of the sport and end it there, and stay away from politics, because he makes conservatives like me look crazy.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:19 PM
Fork Horn

This is what I like about ted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv5HJ...eature=related
Old 09-12-2008, 11:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

This subject has been hashed out many, many times, and they all have the same outcome, some like him, and some don't...nothing constructive ever comes out of this subject matter.
For me, he does need some fine tuning, but Ted is Ted...there are many more celebs and people in generalthat do not represent bowhunting in a very good manner either....at least he stands up to our constitutional rights!
Old 09-13-2008, 06:30 AM

Whether you love him or hate him, he has done more for hunting and gun owners than the vast majority of us. I agree, at sometimes he can be over the top, but he definately is one of our biggest advocates. I thinkif people want tocomplain aboutTed, theyshould first try to beas involvedas he is in protecting our hunting and gun rights.

Quick Reply: Thanks Uncle Ted

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.