Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Upset with 82nd... >

Upset with 82nd...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Upset with 82nd...

Old 09-12-2008, 07:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Upset with 82nd...

How big's the 12 ring on a NC deer or turkey, Rob?

"I wouldn't know" will suffice.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

I do remember something about Dubbya having similar issues, though I don't recall precisely what those were.....I know he got it rectified, but for the life of me I can't remember what he had to do.....If it were me, I would mess with arrow spine, and if that doesn't do it......Start completely over from scratch. Make sure the bow is in spec....Tiller is right, brace height, ATA....all that good stuff. Oh, maybe also try a bigger fletching.
Dubbya sent his back to bowtech if I recall. Nobody beat me up, how much cam lean does she have?
Old 09-12-2008, 07:49 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

How big's the 12 ring on a NC deer or turkey, Rob?

"I wouldn't know" will suffice.
Not really knowing what the inside joke here is, I can only assume it's a parable discussing that people that don't own, nor ever have owned, a bowtech don't know what they're talking about.

To that I say you're right. I haven't. But I have shot one, in fact I've shot all the 2008 Bowtech lineup. And I tune bows every day. So, how big is the 12 ring on a Missouri deer or turkey?

"I wouldn't know" will most certainly suffice.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not really knowing what the inside joke here is, I can only assume it's a parable discussing that people that don't own, nor ever have owned, a bowtech don't know what they're talking about.
I think it has to do with Rob missing a turkey down there this spring.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:15 AM
Dominant Buck

To that I say you're right. I haven't. But I have shot one, in fact I've shot all the 2008 Bowtech lineup. And I tune bows every day. So, how big is the 12 ring on a Missouri deer or turkey?

"I wouldn't know" will most certainly suffice.
WTF????....lol

I think it has to do with Rob missing a turkey down there this spring.
LOL...yeah....and a deer in '06[8D]

Don't worry MO....I wasn't insulting you

Old 09-12-2008, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dan I had all kinds of problems while I was shooting the GT two years ago doing simular things you are describing, Am I saying they are bad no but when I switched over to CX 350's I have never had another issue. I am shooting the 101st set at 65# at 28 1/2 and am getting 300fps on the dot and I can watch my CX 350's spiral with blazer vanes and broadheads. I have shot a two blade head and a 3 and 4 blade muzzy a 100 grain thunderhead and my grimrippers and all hit the same as a feildpoint. Like stated above I think you have an arrow issue. Is there a shop where you can go down there and shoot a bunch of different arrows?? Walt
Old 09-12-2008, 08:26 AM

Hey Wash....

That thread you guys came across. That wouldn't happened to have been that of Mr. Dave Nowlin, would it? Shoot that guy a PM. Is a like a Bowtech Tuning god. He talk you through it on the phone. Good luck!
Old 09-12-2008, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm thinking whatever the problem is, it's either a CONTACT problem, or the arrows. OT2 does shot that set-up to be STIFF, but I'll agree with you more intelligent guys on the thinking that it may be wrong. Dan, "Humor us," and go get a few Beman or CX arrows done up and see if the problem still exists, powder test your arrows to make sure you're not getting contact, then let's see where we are. Also not overguessing, how tall are you??? There isn't any chance you could be "over-extended" on this bow is there???? Do these 82nd's tend to draw a touch long by any chance????

The other thing I wondered about was putting a 125 gr tip on the arrow and seeing if that made any change as his FOC IS a little LOW, 9% range.

Just throwing arrows on OT2, a CX 250 w/ a 125 should spine real close, while also UPPING The FOC to 12.5%, or and Easton ACC-HS in 2-49 hits PERFECT with and FOC in the 12.4% range at 28" with a 125 tip. I'm thinking with a bow with so much "ooomph" behind it you'd definitely want some extra forward weight, but I could be wrong. Again, I'm still on the low side of the learning curve, but the more I tinker, the more I learn also.

I'll be out all weekend, so come Sunday night, I'll see what I've learned....

Good Luck Dan!!!!!
Old 09-12-2008, 11:41 AM

You guys are right, through my frustration I didn't even consider my arrows. I assumed, being in the low to middle of the 55/75 range I would be stiff, rather than weak. I didn't take into account the cam design of this bow. With that being said, I'll see what I can do about coming up with some differen't arrows.

I did not have any 125 grain field points or broadheads here at home to try out, either. With all the money I've put into this upcoming trip, I'm about broke so that portion of the experiment may have to wait. I might have one laying around somewhere that I'll try to dig up, but we'll see.

I don't know, as much as I enjoy the technical aspect of archery, this is almost too much of a headache. Y'all know I've praised this bow since I bought it. Its hands down one of the most accurate bows I've shot. Because of that, the issues I'm having now are extremely frustrating for me. As Mobow mentioned, I'm not the novice to tuning that I was two years ago, but I'm definitely not a guru here, hence my posting. I appreciate all the help, guys.

I work until eight tonight, but I'll try and snag a couple different range arrows we have at work (CX 250's and 350's.). I'll try and shoot them before work tomorrow to see what happens.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

You guys are right, through my frustration I didn't even consider my arrows. I assumed, being in the low to middle of the 55/75 range I would be stiff, rather than weak. I didn't take into account the cam design of this bow. With that being said, I'll see what I can do about coming up with some differen't arrows.

I did not have any 125 grain field points or broadheads here at home to try out, either. With all the money I've put into this upcoming trip, I'm about broke so that portion of the experiment may have to wait. I might have one laying around somewhere that I'll try to dig up, but we'll see.

I don't know, as much as I enjoy the technical aspect of archery, this is almost too much of a headache. Y'all know I've praised this bow since I bought it. Its hands down one of the most accurate bows I've shot. Because of that, the issues I'm having now are extremely frustrating for me. As Mobow mentioned, I'm not the novice to tuning that I was two years ago, but I'm definitely not a guru here, hence my posting. I appreciate all the help, guys.

I work until eight tonight, but I'll try and snag a couple different range arrows we have at work (CX 250's and 350's.). I'll try and shoot them before work tomorrow to see what happens.
Before changing arrows, why not try turning down the draw weight to, say, 56 and see what happens. If the arrows are shooting weak that may clear up the problem right there. No real reason the bow has to be at max DW is there?

Quick Reply: Upset with 82nd...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.