Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Upset with 82nd... >

Upset with 82nd...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Upset with 82nd...

Old 09-11-2008, 08:38 PM

Default Upset with 82nd...

No, my limbs didn't fail.

I can't broadhead tune this thing for the life of me. I spent roughly six hours (off and on)with this thing today, and I can't figure it out.

Started out with the Limbdriver installed. It was the original model, without the vertical adjustment.

I started from scratch day before yesterday at work. I re-squared/paper tuned it before leaving work tuesday night. I sighted in/walkback tuned with fieldpoints yesterday evening.

Today I go to shoot broadheads and run into the same problem I had last week. I run out of adjustment before the POI gets close to the same. At 20 yards, I can cut vanes right and left, but step back to 30+ and I'm off again. 30 yards I'm hitting low and right. So, 1/16th of an inch at a time I adjust my rest left in hopes of getting the POI close. Negative, Ghost Rider. I get to a point where the broadhead and field point are maybe 2" apart, and they start moving to the left in even incriments. They stay 2 inches apart, but keep going left. [:@]I tried four different broadheads, all with similar results. With the Limbdriver I wasn't getting the vertical adjustment I needed anyway, so I did something drastic.

I installed a Whisker Biscuit.

Same crap, different rest. Can NOT get the broadheads and field points close enough.

So, I dida little digging on AT last night with the help of Bols, and he came across a thread on tuning Binary cams. So I read, then drove to work to use the EZ Press. I retarded my cams in hopes of getting things better in sync. I do all the twisting/un-twisting necessary to get everything in spec.I re-paper tune and drive home.

Saaame crap. [:@]At this point I was about ready to throw my bow into the street and drive over it. Maybe I was spoiled with my Allegiance. I had absolutely zero issue getting my broadheads and field points to hit the same.

So, lets recap what I tried today;

Two rests:
Limbdriver
Whisker Biscuit

Four broadheads:
G5 Striker
Shuttle-T
Slick Trick
Magnus Stinger

Took the bow to work and worked with my cam timing.

Paper tuned twice.

Walkback tuned once.

Finally I gave up and sighted in for my broadheads. I like shooting daily, but I guess at this point I'll settle for shooting my broadheads once or twice a day and calling it good. I'm driving tacks with JUST broadheads out to 40 (as thatsall the range I have access to here at home.)Anyone see anything I missed? I'm not messing with it any more until after I get back on the 22nd, but I'm open to suggestions. This damn thing is driving me nuts. I'm not nearly as confident with it as I should be.

/rant
Old 09-11-2008, 08:45 PM

Default RE: Upset with 82nd...

Suggestion? Buy back your beloved Allegiance! You could also check out a 60# 29" Jet Black Elite Z28, trade in your 82nd for it....if you no like, Ill find a home for it from there.

I had same problem with my vectrix....i got close but eventually resighted for BHs. In my case though, it was user lack of knowledge...not equipment...Im sure it can get there, but my shooting skills/tuning capabilities wouldnt do it for me this summer. Im talking the groups are maybe 2-3" off max, but still enough for me to resight.

I only practice with BHs from this point forward.... and Ive been fairly accurate....I broke two rage practice tips by stacking arrows. didnt damage shafts, just the heads got mangled when they collided with each other in foam.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

had the SAME trouble last season with my Highlander....i know my arrows are slightly stiff and think my string might need a little tweaking...

got a ultra rest this season and broadheads and FPs shoot together....i dont know what...same arrows...same BHs...weird...i tuned and retuned about a dozen times last year trying to fix it...

someone recommended for me to play with the tiller and limb bolts...cant remember exactly what it was though....
Old 09-11-2008, 08:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

It is most likely an underspined arrow or bad broadhead alignment and if you are using still using FMJ's,that isn't the issue.

That is why I swear by 4" helical feathers for good broadhead flight.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

The limb diver should give enough quidance to the arrow so it should be able to get it done,unless there was contact issues,which I am doubting.

Now going to get into the WB.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

What arrows are you shooting, DL, DW, etc, tip weight also..... Do you have OT2, and can you run the spine to see how close it is??? I don't have it available right now, but could run some stuff in the morning when at home. But I don't even think SPINE should cause that much problem, sounds like an issue beyond that.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:20 PM
Dominant Buck

You just might have a bad bow boy. Limbs, bent riser.... could be something that's untuneable. I have seen them at Len's. Not often, but it does happen. Are the limbs a match? Hell, who knows.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Didn't "Dubya" have a problems bow, that he ended up getting replaced or work done on???? Where's a Texan when we need one????
Old 09-11-2008, 09:38 PM

Forgot to include what I was shooting in the post;

82nd Airborne
60#, 28"
GT Pro 55/75 cut to 27.25"
Broadheads and field points are 100grns.
Both the nock end and insert end as well as the insert were squared with a G5 ASD.
I even went so far as to align my broadheads with my vanes.

[&:]
Old 09-11-2008, 09:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would start with the arrows,what kind of speed and what is the exact weight of the arrows.

Quick Reply: Upset with 82nd...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.