Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Upset with 82nd... >

Upset with 82nd...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Upset with 82nd...

Old 09-12-2008, 06:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Upset with 82nd...

Oh the Bowtech gang defending their beloved.[&:]

Anyway, I have you as stiff to right on with that spine, but my software is older and doesn't have the 82nd in it so I had to fudge the numbers. I doubt though that you would be underspined with what I'm seeing at 60#.

I honestly don't think it's the bow as much as you are trying to steer fixed blade broadheads at 294 fps. I would try some more aggressive fletching and see if that helps you out. You know your bow is tuned fine, you know it's not your rest, and you know it's not the broadhead. So it is time to look at the arrow. You can try a stiffer arrow, but I think if you get some fletching on there with more helical things will straighten out for you.

Good luck.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

For those who have not yet tickerd with new speed bow, throw out what the spine charts state[8D] The cams are just too hard IMO, and every bow is different.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Oh the Bowtech gang defending their beloved.
Oh the antis piling on. [&:]

Anyway, I have you as stiff to right on with that spine, but my software is older and doesn't have the 82nd in it so I had to fudge the numbers. I doubt though that you would be underspined with what I'm seeing at 60#.

I honestly don't think it's the bow as much as you are trying to steer fixed blade broadheads at 294 fps. I would try some more aggressive fletching and see if that helps you out. You know your bow is tuned fine, you know it's not your rest, and you know it's not the broadhead. So it is time to look at the arrow. You can try a stiffer arrow, but I think if you get some fletching on there with more helical things will straighten out for you.

Good luck.
Anyway, yup like he said, it's time to look at the arrow but I'd be defending a beloved so I'll stop there.

Good luck.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:12 AM
Dominant Buck

This is a FINE bow....and I thoroughly enjoy shooting it. I even won a little 3D shooting it this past Winter. Doe sit have some "issues"? Possible growing pains? I think it does. Are they able to be overcome? Yes.

Blasphemy? Hardly.

Great product.....but this AIN'T your daddy's bow. My feeling is it requires some extra attention. Worth it? The owners of this bow can answer that for themselves, independently. What the detractors and "pilers on" say goes in one ear and out the other.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have witnessed the 82nd do some amazing things. I haven't seen it shot with BH yet, but I have seen it shot and group with 4 inch feathers and blazers alike. I know some of the Bowtechs do "like" a stiffer arrow. I have shot 300 spine out of my 101 and also 340. I like the stiffer flight better. My Commander was the same way.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

This is a FINE bow....and I thoroughly enjoy shooting it. I even won a little 3D shooting it this past Winter. Doe sit have some "issues"? Possible growing pains? I think it does. Are they able to be overcome? Yes.

Blasphemy? Hardly.

Great product.....but this AIN'T your daddy's bow. My feeling is it requires some extra attention. Worth it? The owners of this bow can answer that for themselves, independently. What the detractors and "pilers on" say goes in one ear and out the other.
Nor your kids bow.

I have zero issues with the 82nd. Ask anyone who shoots with/against me how it's shooting. Layed some broadheads in the 12 ring as well. It's ready to go.

Do I need to post my stone? Doug? Bueller, and buckeye's and rybo's. Oh and then there was Germ. [8D]
Old 09-12-2008, 07:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Do I need to post my stone? Doug? Bueller, and buckeye's and rybo's. Oh and then there was Germ. [8D]
Buckeye has a picture of me & my stone. He needs to post that up!
Old 09-12-2008, 07:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Blasphemy? Hardly.

Nor your kids bow.

I have zero issues with the 82nd. Ask anyone who shoots with/against me how it's shooting. Layed some broadheads in the 12 ring as well. It's ready to go.

Next year I am going to stick that 82nd up your ass

Ben I really do thing these harder cams need a stiffer arrow.

Buckeye has a picture of me & my stone. He needs to post that up!
I should have never checked your math
Old 09-12-2008, 07:34 AM

Instead of trying to settle the dispute over the greatest bow the world has ever seen, let's simply try to help Dan get it tuned properly so he's happy with it. We're not dealing with a novice here, but admittedly he ain't perfect either.

Dan, you've looked at everything there is, pretty much, except arrow spine. Did you try a 125 grain broadhead? Maybe crank the limb bolts up 1/2 turn....The only thing I see in your original post that you didn't really address was spine.

I do remember something about Dubbya having similar issues, though I don't recall precisely what those were.....I know he got it rectified, but for the life of me I can't remember what he had to do.....If it were me, I would mess with arrow spine, and if that doesn't do it......Start completely over from scratch. Make sure the bow is in spec....Tiller is right, brace height, ATA....all that good stuff. Oh, maybe also try a bigger fletching.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Oh the Bowtech gang defending their beloved.
Oh the antis piling on. [&:]

Good luck.
Anyway, yup like he said, it's time to look at the arrow but I'd be defending a beloved so I'll stop there.

Good luck.
Oh don't get yourself in a tissy Rob. You know better than anyone that I'm anything but a Bowtech anti (even if I do currently shoot a Mathews).

You want to talk about piling on? Try creating yourself a new username and create a post stating you are having a problem with a Bowtech on this site. You know that the Bowtech faithful will do everything from try to help, to accusing you of mistreating bow, to calling you a liar for not posting pictures.

We've seen it time an again on here.

So, with that said I'm going to take some little jabs. Don't worry though, they're all in fun. If the Mathews crowd gets on their high horse I'll jab at them too. Same goes for Hoyt, Martin, Elite, or anyone else. I'm an equal opportunity ball buster.

Quick Reply: Upset with 82nd...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.