Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Drinking & Hunting >

Drinking & Hunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Drinking & Hunting

Old 09-10-2008, 08:47 PM

Default Drinking & Hunting

When I was growing up I didn't hunt, but I knew plenty of hunters. Throughout the years I've seen plenty of guys get all torn up at the bar, or out in the garage,and just head on out to the woods. That's not me, but I'm curious to see what everyone else does during the season and maybe even compared to their normal life.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Drinking & Hunting

I RARELY drink the day before I hunt....if I was successful the day before, I might drink a couple of beers while I skin and butcher a deer. But other than that, I never drink hardcore the day before I hunt.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:53 PM

First night at camp we howl at the moon a little bit, but when ever someone gets one its alot a bit[&:]
Old 09-10-2008, 08:57 PM
Dominant Buck

There wasn't an option for gin& tonic in the hydration bladder of your pack.

Wassup with that?
Old 09-10-2008, 09:00 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-10-2008, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

It depends for me. I can drink w/ the best of them if in the right environment, but I'm not obsessed with it. I've grown up a lot over the last 5 years or so when it comes to that. I usually have company with me at camp, and if they are into it we may have some drinks, but if someone is not interested, I'm fine with that too. I'm one of those guys that is fortunate enough to be able to enjoy some drinks when it's appropriate, but can go for weeks without and be fine with that too.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:11 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

There wasn't an option for gin& tonic in the hydration bladder of your pack.

Wassup with that?
Always the devil's advocate. Lol.But it is very true. I'veseen guys take a 30 pack to the stand.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rick James

It depends for me. I can drink w/ the best of them if in the right environment, but I'm not obsessed with it. I've grown up a lot over the last 5 years or so when it comes to that. I usually have company with me at camp, and if they are into it we may have some drinks, but if someone is not interested, I'm fine with that too. I'm one of those guys that is fortunate enough to be able to enjoy some drinks when it's appropriate, but can go for weeks without and be fine with that too.
I with RJ on this one! I can drink like a champ and at times still do and enjoy it! We like to do a little celebrating when some kills a deer, thats all part of it! Sitting around the camp fire with friends and family having a few beers is good times! The same time I don't have to drink if I don't want to!
Old 09-10-2008, 09:26 PM

I can't stand it, the fools that go out the night before & continue throughout theopener morning drinking. That's what we all need in the woods. I don't mind people have a couple of beers around the camp fire, but I'm talking about the can't walk/talk drunks that think that's what they're there for. Let me tell u what happened last yr to me. The moring before opener, it started w/a bottle of Dr. Mcgillicudy's being passed & beer to wash down, followed by going out for the night, then coming back to camp @ 2am, banging their way into their camper, & then the wake up to two drunk jackasses getting into a brawl in there camper.[:@] Sad thing is that one of them had his 12 y.o. old son up there for his very first hunt. While dad went out drinking, JR. had to stay with one of the other hunters because the heat was off in his camper. Oh yea, & I come across oneof them in the woods drinking out of apint of vodka &carryinga 300 win mag. claiming he had seen a deer earlier & shot several times at it and missed. Thank God no one was behind that "deer" he saw. I deal w/drunks quite a bit on the job, & I wish that those people could see themselves on film when they're sober. Sorry don't need to rant, but talk about absolutely ruining a hunting weekend. [&o]
Old 09-10-2008, 09:27 PM
Fork Horn

I think there are probably thousands of people who take to the woods with alcohol in their systems opening morning of wisconsin gun season, it practically part of the tradition, just like blackberry brandy shots when somebody gets one! Having said that I'll probably take it easy this Friday before the bow opener.

Quick Reply: Drinking & Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.