Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Drinking & Hunting >

Drinking & Hunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Drinking & Hunting

Old 09-10-2008, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Drinking & Hunting

we have a few beers at night at the cabin, usually to bed early. none of us drink before or while we are hunting
Old 09-10-2008, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never Drank... true story.

And Absolutly no problem with those who do responsibly, even around me. I just never wanted too.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I drink at camp. Heck I'm having a cold one now and I'm off early to sit in my stand. I also just got off work and am winding down. A few doesn't hurt. Enough to give you a hangover does. I never hunt hungover or drunk, just isn't me.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:21 PM
Typical Buck

I am a one or two beerocasional drinker year round, whether it is hunting season or not. I have never felt the urgeto get snockered norhave I ever understood the appeal some have to lose control of their facilities.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's tradition.

Especially after my grandpa passed, a few years back.

He'd always buy a gallon (literally) of the cheapest wine we could find. His, "heart Medicine".

Now the family (hunting party) drinks some heart medacine, and a few mich goldens the night before a hunt
Old 09-11-2008, 07:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Like many of you I can pound it with the best of them. But that has its place and time. There is little no mixing for me. I’ve left a lot of places I was having a real good time at because I had to get up and hunt the next morning.
One time though, I got caught up in it all and made it a long night with an early morning. That was a rough one to wake up for, but wouldn’t you know it I ended up shooting a buck that morning. That’ll take away a hangover real quick. I never understood the drinking mentality when guys went away for hunting camp.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rick James

It depends for me. I can drink w/ the best of them if in the right environment, but I'm not obsessed with it. I've grown up a lot over the last 5 years or so when it comes to that. I usually have company with me at camp, and if they are into it we may have some drinks, but if someone is not interested, I'm fine with that too. I'm one of those guys that is fortunate enough to be able to enjoy some drinks when it's appropriate, but can go for weeks without and be fine with that too.
I don't need to read any further downthe page to find something better to say than this. I agree to the letter. It's damn scary. I look forward to meeting you (again) this year Matt.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I gave up the every weekend pound down years ago. If I feel like it I can have a few cold ones(a few is 12 right)or a Captain or 10. I mean 2.
LOL!!!!
Old 09-11-2008, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

My dad, my uncle and my 2 sons are the only people I hunt with. None of them drink, so drinking at deer camp has never been a tradition for us. I rarely drink anymore, but still enjoy a beer(or 12)with the guys once in a while.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:48 AM
byg
Spike

I like beer, but as said before " a time and a place". I drink after I am done for the day, but I could not hunt after doing so. I enjoy just being in the woods, dont likeanything that wouldmess up that experience.

Quick Reply: Drinking & Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.