HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Drinking & Hunting
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 09:26 PM
in da woods

Default RE: Drinking & Hunting

I can't stand it, the fools that go out the night before & continue throughout theopener morning drinking. That's what we all need in the woods. I don't mind people have a couple of beers around the camp fire, but I'm talking about the can't walk/talk drunks that think that's what they're there for. Let me tell u what happened last yr to me. The moring before opener, it started w/a bottle of Dr. Mcgillicudy's being passed & beer to wash down, followed by going out for the night, then coming back to camp @ 2am, banging their way into their camper, & then the wake up to two drunk jackasses getting into a brawl in there camper.[:@] Sad thing is that one of them had his 12 y.o. old son up there for his very first hunt. While dad went out drinking, JR. had to stay with one of the other hunters because the heat was off in his camper. Oh yea, & I come across oneof them in the woods drinking out of apint of vodka &carryinga 300 win mag. claiming he had seen a deer earlier & shot several times at it and missed. Thank God no one was behind that "deer" he saw. I deal w/drunks quite a bit on the job, & I wish that those people could see themselves on film when they're sober. Sorry don't need to rant, but talk about absolutely ruining a hunting weekend. [&o]