has anyone hunted Penn. elk ?? equal chance lottery for non-res.!!!!" />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 pennsylvania elk hunting >

pennsylvania elk hunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

pennsylvania elk hunting

Old 09-11-2008, 11:10 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: pennsylvania elk hunting

A few years ago we went camping up near Bennezette (sp). We where out riding around looking for elk. Found a nice 4x3 feeding. Some guy from another vehicle got out and went right up behind the bull to get a picture. The bull spun around and was about to gore the guy but the guy jumped in behind a tree. I think he checked his shorts immediately after that. Although some may not be as wild, I wouldn't just walk up to them.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:27 AM

As a member of the Rocky Mtn Elk foundation I keep apprised of elk restoration projects. Penn is a huge success story especially considering how little contiguous wild forest lands are available in the midwest and east coast. If you look at where elk live out west for the most part they call home the huge tracts of national forest and wilderness..

Consider yourselves lucky to have such a magnificent animal to potentially hunt.. after hunting whitetails most of my teen years in the midwest then moving to Montana and now Washington, I find that there is no more challenging and rewarding hunting than Elk. $10 is a cheap ticket for a try.. Don't expect though that using your typical whitetail tactics are also going to work for elk.. if they're anything like western elk you're going to have to work your butt off to get one.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

I apply, but don't get drawn. I know some folks that have cabins up in PA elk country and they are still wild animals. It's not like hunting them out west though.
Not according to any of my coworkers who work in the area. Wild, hardly.
OK, you're right. My friends are liars.[8D]
Must be my coworkers that are liars, and everyone else here saying the same thing. Define your friends, wild?