Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 48lb bow shooting rage broadheads....... >

48lb bow shooting rage broadheads.......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

48lb bow shooting rage broadheads.......

Old 09-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 48lb bow shooting rage broadheads.......

Remember it is only 2 blades so the surface area isn't nearly what it would be if it were 3 blades.

Not saying 48# is ok butwith a 30 draw on a bow with an IBO of 330,it would be plenty.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:37 PM

I watched one of my buddies shoot an antelope at 60 yards last Monday - Rage two blade coming out of 47 lb. Fred Bear Element at 237 fps. He didn't get a pass through, but the broadhead did make an exit wound.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mauser06

funny you mention that SDhunter....

to me, THEY should know better....thats BS if ive ever heard it....

what about a 42 lb long bow???

what about an OLDER than dirt compound set at 42lbs???

to me, that just blows them out of the water in terms of credibility. granted, the person you talked to might not have ever even fired a bow....just saying what they are told to say.....

still makes no sense....

and as you found, they stumbled around KE...mention momentum and other factors and their head woulda started to spin....

plain and simple those things are cutting massive amounts of everything they encounter....they are going to require more energy than a typical broadhead to get enough penetration....and i want a pass through...

glad im educated......
Yeah, I certianly never said it was right. I brought up KE several times on the phone and they just kept going back to the 42lb draw weight - which we all know draw poundage isn't a very good indication to go by....

Make no mistake about it, thereprimary purpose is to sell broadheads - period...

Sad thing is that even if they didlist a "minimum amount of K.E. required" on the package, good portion of thepeople in the storeseyes are just gonna glaze over, or they confuse it with draw weight or something stupid