Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

stupidest regs

Old 09-08-2008, 12:38 PM
ogg
Fork Horn

Default RE: stupidest regs

in ohios regulation book it says no EXPLOSIVE TIPPED OR POISON TIPPED arrows.Who the heck would do that?we can take 1 buck and 6 or 7 does i think.We can hunt sundays thank goodness.Our Archery is september 27 to febuary 2 if i remember right.theres no limit on broadheads.Except they have to have at least 2 blades.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

No Sunday hunting is far and away the dumbest still in effect.

This just passed recently but was the dumbest law I could ever imagine. In PA we used to have to stop hunting at sunset. Which I’m sure as most of you know, it can still be quite light at that time. I honestly doubt anyone followed that rule, and I knew guys who would be put thru the ringer or even ticketed by a WCO for coming out of the woods too late.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

well through out history people used poison to hunt.
As for explosives people use tnt to fish
ORIGINAL: ogg

in ohios regulation book it says no EXPLOSIVE TIPPED OR POISON TIPPED arrows.Who the heck would do that?we can take 1 buck and 6 or 7 does i think.We can hunt sundays thank goodness.Our Archery is september 27 to febuary 2 if i remember right.theres no limit on broadheads.Except they have to have at least 2 blades.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:13 PM
Fork Horn

NY got rid of that dumb no Sunday law many years ago thank goodness. I would have to say the worst is the dawn and dusk thing, I wish we had the 1/2 hour before and 1/2 hour after sunrise/sunset. Besides that just the antler reg zones. I have nothing against letting the young deer live and manage the herd for better age structure but all 3 point antler regs do is highgrade to the detriment of the whole herd. Half ass as usual here where they act first and think later when it is too late.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Typical Buck

I would just like to say I feel blessed right now to live in MN.
(other than only one buck per year with weapon of choice and no lights on archery sights)
Old 09-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

In IL it's illegal to shoot a coyote (or any other fur-bearer) while you're in a treestand. (or even if you're on the ground but carrying a treestand or even just carrying a pair of pruning shears or a saw)

IL is required by law to offer 25,000 Non resident hunting licenses for sale. There is no requirement to offer any resident licenses. [:-]

We have no legal ability to recall our crooked[insert expletive]governor.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:12 PM
Fork Horn

in florida i can shoot 232 bucks but only about 40 does. ain't that crazy............tony
Old 09-08-2008, 02:58 PM
Fork Horn

During bow you can shoot does till your hearts content in Florida. Or did I miss something?
Old 09-08-2008, 03:18 PM

in florida, its that our stupid randow drawing for permits to hunt out state land, sucks when you find a place, and only 60 people can hunt it[:'(]
Old 09-08-2008, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ogg

you would be surprised that some would try it. and i'm sure some would really load up on the gun powder too ,

Quick Reply: stupidest regs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.