Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 09-08-2008, 10:44 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Thats it- I've had it- Its time to get dirty.

if you know who it is, confront them.
There's a recurring question that hasn't been answered to my knowledge.

I have a similar situation, believe it or not, DT. The new land I acquired has likely (VERY likely) been hunted for years by my poaching neighbors (the ones I all but know stole from me, last year). When the grandson (also a DS vet....but came home when he shot himself in the foot[&:]) was in the bow shop, last time, I had the owner tell him this...(becasue THEY complain that "others" are trespassing onto "THEIR" land).....

"Kyle....you're gonna love what I'm about to tell ya. You all are gonna get some help dealing with all the trespassers you've been experiencing. Jeff Venable just got access to ALL of the Needham land! THAT oughta help you....because he hunts a LOT!"

I'd have given $100 to have seen the look on the boy's face when that bombshell got dropped. I hear it was "priceless".
Old 09-08-2008, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Being honest with you all, I am not above physically abusing anyone I catch carrying my equipment out of the woods, or even just walking around in the woods with a set of bolt cutters.

Dont do the crime ..if you cant do the time ......... Dont do it.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:45 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-08-2008, 10:48 AM

ORIGINAL: Austin/WI

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Paranoid delusions ? Please, dude, please. I served 3 combat tours in Irag and Afganistan....I'm not paranoid about much of anything.
Enough said. You don't need to justify yourself to anyone, you've already that -and then some.
Thank you for serving, drop. . . and I'm being sincere. I appreciate EVERY vet that hasserved this country, but lets not use service as an excuse for bad behavior . . . would younot agree, Austin??
Old 09-08-2008, 10:50 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-08-2008, 10:51 AM
Dominant Buck

DT...seriously...

Do you not see that cutting the stands down started you off on the wrong foot? How about taking them down.....arranging everything really neatly (strap them up for easy transport)....and leave them a note describing WHY it's been taken down????

They may actually believe they are there lawfully. You escalated this from the beginning IMO.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:52 AM

ORIGINAL: joshw020

ORIGINAL: Austin/WI

Paranoid delusions ? Please, dude, please. I served 3 combat tours in Irag and Afganistan....I'm not paranoid about much of anything.
Enough said. You don't need to justify yourself to anyone, you've already that -and then some.
Thank you for serving, drop. . . and I'm being sincere. I appreciate EVERY vet that hasserved this country, but lets not use service as an excuse for bad behavior . . . would younot agree, Austin??
I do agree. And I was not advocating that he has an excuse, simply the fact that he doesn't need to justify anything to anyone here.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

We are not lookign for trouble, kid- its finding us.
It sure is . . . and with alarming consistency and regularity. LOL
Old 09-08-2008, 10:56 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-08-2008, 10:57 AM
Typical Buck

Sounds like everybody loses,the thieves aregoing to get hurt or at least get in trouble if they get caught andall the "security" and "patrolling" is bound to send the deer to another county.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.