Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 09-08-2008, 10:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Thats it- I've had it- Its time to get dirty.

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

In fact, you are correct..In NJ, booby-trapping things is against the law...However, we are kind of"protected" on this piece of real-estate, for reasons that will be left unsaid.

Let me shed some light on the "situation"- these guys could be shot on sight, legally....Obviously not by myself or my friends- but they could and it would be within the law.

More Drama! its a MYSTERY property! Do you need a secret decoder ring to gain access?
Old 09-08-2008, 11:01 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-08-2008, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

MGH---I never advocated being a vigilante:

"Not a single one of those examples justify becoming a vigilante. Sorry guys. The only time I would use force against someone is if they were physically harming me me or a loved one. "

I just used those examples to show how/why someone would get as mad as droptine...thats all. I encounter scum in my job and from my daily life and the only time I have snapped within the last decade was about 3 months ago, when some a-hole gunned his car at my pregnant wife and two children.....
Old 09-08-2008, 11:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ok, I don't get it. Its not a "compound" but thesealleged trespassers can be legally shot on sight? I'm sorry but I just can't get my brain to wrap around that bit of information. Granted, I don't have the most flexible brain there is but IDK.....
Old 09-08-2008, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

What YOU are doing is against the law. I'm not saying I disagree with it....but you could go to jail for a long time.....plus you came ont he internet and admitted entrapping them.

Hope it all works out for you
In fact, you are correct..In NJ, booby-trapping things is against the law...However, we are kind of"protected" on this piece of real-estate, for reasons that will be left unsaid.

Let me shed some light on the "situation"- these guys could be shot on sight, legally....Obviously not by myself or my friends- but they could and it would be within the law.

IDONT want anyone to get hurt, but I do NOT take kindly to those that knowingly ignore things like posted signs and have such little respect as to steal someone elses property. Its not thier land, its ours. They CANT be there, we can.

But, sometimes people need to learn a hard lesson...
A few things I would like to say here Drop...
I never knew you could shoot a guy on site for simple trespassing! I mean seriously c'mon. Also I respect what you did for the country and your tours you did and serving the marines, but just let me set a friendly reminder out to you that this does not make you the baddest SOB around! Just remember there is always someone bigger and badder! Then again maybe it's more the Jersey cockiness coming out than it is the Marines. I myself was a M.P. in the Army. Dude seriously i am just tired of you talking like you are the biggest baddest man on the planet come back to earthand realize you had a few treestands stolen and learn to deal with it the way you should. We all dealt with it as hunters and it sucks (stealing) I guess all I am saying in a nutshell is take care of this in a friendly manner like you should and don't let it shoot you in the foot in the end! I would hate to read about you!
Old 09-08-2008, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its not about deer, its about respect of private lands
Where is the respect when you construct fences to keep the deer from leaving the ground you hunt? Taking down stands on fencelines that aren't even on your ground? You've admitted to doing both in the past. You sound like a guy that would buy 1000 acres, then sit on the fence to make sure the neighbors weren't shooting all of "your" deer.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for your service Droptine. I hope you were just kidding about the sabotage. Hunting for me would really suck if I hit the woods with your current mindset. Enough Sucky stuff goes on in life without my time in a stand being impacted by it.

I had someone take a dumponthe seat of one of mystands a couple of years ago. I had to retire the stand because I couldn't sit in it without thinking I had to hunt the guy down and do him physical harm. Today I mostly laugh about it buttry sitting a stand that once held someone elses loaf...Talk about stewing.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

One of the problems with this sort of stuff is "tick" for "tack". Yes, they are bothing you no question. But when you do something back to them expect it to come back to you with just a little more just because they feel obligated. It can get real ugly. Can't give you the answer to your problem, but it is something to consider.

After having a few stands stolen, we move to a 1"armored cable and have had no problems. Yes, the cable is worth about the same as the stand, but at least we know the stand will be there in the morning. I believe it would be easier for them to cut the tree down then to get through this one.

Old 09-08-2008, 11:20 AM

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

More Drama! its a MYSTERY property! Do you need a secret decoder ring to gain access?
lmao! txj, you're on fire today
Old 09-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Karma is a *****!

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.