Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Uv light how to tell what is uv >

Uv light how to tell what is uv

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Uv light how to tell what is uv

Old 09-03-2008, 09:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Uv light how to tell what is uv

I thought about buying the uv killer. one of you recommend i use a black light on the camo to see if it is need.

I did i did not see anything standing out except the white in the bark was bright. Not a real glow just kind of bright.
It was that way in both my warm stuff and my cold coveralls. both sets are new and unwashed.

I bought some camo burlap tip stuff and the redish leaves did stand out real bright in the black light like a glow.

So do i need to use the uv killer stuff or not
Old 09-03-2008, 09:54 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Uv light how to tell what is uv

The easiest way to tell is to spray the UV killer on the suspect spots and check them again.Atsko sells a UV Killer kit that contains a small UV light in the proper wavelength for checking UV reflectivity, standard "headshop" blacklights project only lower wavelength UV light, but can determinethe base level of UV glow that you're probably seeing. White will look bright under a blacklight even after treatment because of it's native reflectivity, but a predominantly white camo set I recently treated was noticably duller after treatment. You can see the glow diminish as the product is applied, even on flourescent garments.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:52 PM
Spike

If all you see glowing is just small bits I wouldn't worry about it. Some of the clothes I have will dang near blind you when viewed under a black light. Hold the light about 3 feet over the garment. Hopefully all you will see is a black piece of cloth. If your clothes have a slight glow I think you would be still be OK. I do not use UV killer (even though I have a bottle). The clothes I have that glow like neon do not get used for deer hunting.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:54 PM
Fork Horn

I have found that the UV light from my wife's tanning bed REALLY shows what is and what is not reflecting in the UV range.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

never thought about it there real brite
ORIGINAL: Trex

I have found that the UV light from my wife's tanning bed REALLY shows what is and what is not reflecting in the UV range.