Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

light the way?

Old 08-27-2008, 05:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default light the way?

What is everybodys opinion on luminocks? I just bought a few to try and really liked them but found them hard to turn off, do they get easeir to shut off after a few times?
Old 08-27-2008, 05:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: light the way?

A buddy of mine bought them last year has shot two deer with them and lost both arrows when they penetrate the deer or hit the ground they tend to turn off![:@]Not very good!!! If i was you i would go with the Tracer nocks they are activated by a magnet and you cant turn them off without the magnet which means no lost arrows!!
Old 08-27-2008, 07:57 PM
Fork Horn

I seem to be having a problem turning them off
Old 08-27-2008, 08:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

You should just be able to back them out and the SHOULD turn off.

But don't get discouraged, we can put a man on the moon but can't make a good lighted nock. I tried Luminoks they failed on me pretty quick. I've made my own with mixed results. This Year I went with Tracer nocks, the first failed quickly and they replaced it, the next 3 have worked flawlessly thus far!
Old 08-27-2008, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've made my own, and they worked great. But at the end of the day, it was just a neat gimmick and was totally un-necessary. I also had a tendency to want to peek to watch the luminok fly instead of focusing on the target and following through - so off they came.

I'm constantly forcing myself to "keep it simple" when it comes to my bowhunting gear.

That's why the dropaway rest, mechanical broadheads, FOBs, and lighted nocks are OUT this year.

The whisker biscuit, blazers, slick tricks, and white wraps are IN this year.

Old 08-27-2008, 09:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

What is everybodys opinion on luminocks?
They crack the end of your arrow where the little contact points dig into the end of the carbon shaft. That is why I quit selling them and am now stocking the Tracer nock.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

i hate them they never worked for me. and like bigbulls said they did that to a couple of my arrows too...so i dont but them anymore. i just watch my arrow it seems to be alot easier
[align=left] [/align]
Old 08-28-2008, 02:03 AM
Typical Buck

i like them but there might be better ones out there. You can sand the grooves down a little if they are too tight too

rick

Old 08-28-2008, 05:42 AM

If you buy a pack of 3 you might have one that actually works! Not a very good buy in my opinion.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is a bit strange. I used 6 of them last year, and as far as the actual"lighting up" function, theyperformed flawlessly. No damage to myGoldtip 7595s either.

BUT, I won't be using them again this year due to a different problem.I tried to practice with them, and after a couple of rounds, three of them cracked on the shot. Personally I'm convinced that they're simply not constructed well enough to handle the force that a 70# bow puts on a 500 grain arrow.