Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 **  Take Quality Pictures......Ones to be proud of!! ** >

** Take Quality Pictures......Ones to be proud of!! **

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

** Take Quality Pictures......Ones to be proud of!! **

Old 11-10-2008, 10:56 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: ** Take Quality Pictures......Ones to be proud of!! **

I taught a buddy of mine how to take good pics in about 5 minutes. I did the setup with the camera and just talked to him about filling the frame with the subject and holding steady when taking the pics.

I also had to prepare the area. You'll notice how I had to trim a bunch of the oaks in the second pic (lower right). The elk was just too big for the two of us to move.

The third pic was taken with the camera propped up on our packs and the camera on a timer. It's a bit over exposed but still captures the moment well.

A different buddy took the pics of the bear. I'm glad we took alot of pics because only a few were usable. We were in deep shadows and my other friend was not as steady when taking the bear pics. I had to do alot of work with the software to get decent pics of the bear. I should have setup the flash.

One last thing.... note how the pic shows every point on this bull. It's not hard at all to see this is a 6x7 bull. If you kill a nice buck, find the right angle to show every point as best you can. Sometimes that means turning the head and moving either up or down to get that angle.

I used Picasa software to crop and enhance these pics.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 11-15-2008, 11:25 PM

I wish we would have cleaned a little more blood from this guy. We did, but didn't realize that more appeared. I feel like this is one of the better pictures I've taken.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

[8D]

I agree good example........however although the picture is well composed there are 2 things which would have made it even better, and 8X10 worthy even if 1/2 of the subject matter isn't very attractive.

1. Time and date stamp........if it's not a trail camera people turn that function off.
2. FILL FLASH. See how the shadows are so strong on the bow, the face etc. A fill flash would preserve the lighting while making the shadows fill with light and color.

Man, I'm not sure how I overlooked this one...... [&:] I agree, 1/2 the subject matter isn't very attractive. That's not the most handsome deer I've ever seen in my life, but man.....Check out that dude holding the rack!! And ya'll see how he is sitting? That, right there, is as good as it gets!

I TOTALLY agree on the fill flash. My wife took this picture, and to be honest, I was having a hard time getting her to just stop "snapping pictures." And also, if I would have been the one taking the picture, the flash would have been on. I know the things to do, but this was my deer, and I wasn't thinking very clearly on that one..... LOL

Old 11-23-2008, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

The deer is not big enough to hang on the wall but the picture will be up there long after my Brittany is gone..
Old 11-23-2008, 08:32 AM

ORIGINAL: Planter

The deer is not big enough to hang on the wall but the picture will be up there long after my Brittany is gone..
Cool pic!
Old 11-23-2008, 10:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Jimimac

ORIGINAL: Planter

Cool pic!
Dang right!! Excellent picture Planter!!
Old 11-24-2008, 06:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Planter that is a great picture. Your dog sure loves you!
Old 11-24-2008, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 11-24-2008, 03:37 PM
Site Buck Guru

I'm very proud of this picture. I'm pretty sure it will set a new trend in posing! [:-]

Quick Reply: ** Take Quality Pictures......Ones to be proud of!! **

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.