HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ** Take Quality Pictures......Ones to be proud of!! **
Old 11-10-2008, 10:56 AM
vichris
Fork Horn

Default RE: ** Take Quality Pictures......Ones to be proud of!! **

I taught a buddy of mine how to take good pics in about 5 minutes. I did the setup with the camera and just talked to him about filling the frame with the subject and holding steady when taking the pics.

I also had to prepare the area. You'll notice how I had to trim a bunch of the oaks in the second pic (lower right). The elk was just too big for the two of us to move.

The third pic was taken with the camera propped up on our packs and the camera on a timer. It's a bit over exposed but still captures the moment well.

A different buddy took the pics of the bear. I'm glad we took alot of pics because only a few were usable. We were in deep shadows and my other friend was not as steady when taking the bear pics. I had to do alot of work with the software to get decent pics of the bear. I should have setup the flash.

One last thing.... note how the pic shows every point on this bull. It's not hard at all to see this is a 6x7 bull. If you kill a nice buck, find the right angle to show every point as best you can. Sometimes that means turning the head and moving either up or down to get that angle.

I used Picasa software to crop and enhance these pics.