HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ** Take Quality Pictures......Ones to be proud of!! **
Old 11-15-2008, 11:34 PM
mobow

Default RE: ** Take Quality Pictures......Ones to be proud of!! **

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

[8D]

I agree good example........however although the picture is well composed there are 2 things which would have made it even better, and 8X10 worthy even if 1/2 of the subject matter isn't very attractive.

1. Time and date stamp........if it's not a trail camera people turn that function off.
2. FILL FLASH. See how the shadows are so strong on the bow, the face etc. A fill flash would preserve the lighting while making the shadows fill with light and color.

Man, I'm not sure how I overlooked this one...... [&:] I agree, 1/2 the subject matter isn't very attractive. That's not the most handsome deer I've ever seen in my life, but man.....Check out that dude holding the rack!! And ya'll see how he is sitting? That, right there, is as good as it gets!

I TOTALLY agree on the fill flash. My wife took this picture, and to be honest, I was having a hard time getting her to just stop "snapping pictures." And also, if I would have been the one taking the picture, the flash would have been on. I know the things to do, but this was my deer, and I wasn't thinking very clearly on that one..... LOL