Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowtech Shortstop vs MeanVCSS >

Bowtech Shortstop vs MeanVCSS

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech Shortstop vs MeanVCSS

Old 08-26-2008, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bowtech Shortstop vs MeanVCSS

First off, my older bow has a MeanV CSS andthis device is one of the most clever and effective accessories ever - bar none.

However, I just bought a used 82nd and the previous owner removed the Bowtech Shortstop because "The MeanV was a lot quieter". This doesn't really make sense to me because they are so similar. He is sending the shortstop and I would prefer to use the factory accessory.

Has anyone found the shortstop less effective than other string supressors?
Old 08-26-2008, 01:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Bowtech Shortstop vs MeanVCSS

I changed out the factory shortstop on my 82nd to the MeanV one. I don't notice a big difference and could shoot it either way.

On my other bows including my General, I left the factory one on. It seems very adequate to me.

On my Alley and Black Ice I added a MeanV as they don't have one from the factory.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

The factory stopper on my Marquis does just fine.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Guys!
That's whatI needed to hear.
I will post man law pix when it arrives.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think the main problem with the factory suppressor on the 82nd is the rubber is very thin were the string makes contact. Now a bow shooting at normal speeds this may be fine but the 82nd is an extremely fast bow. I took my factory suppressor off and put my meanv on. It is actualy quieter with just the meanv, I tried the factory and the meanv combined but the meanv alone was still quieter. I will be buying the new bowjax insert for the factory suppressor, the rubber on that is probably 3 times as thick. It should offer much more cushion when the string hits.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kwilson16

First off, my older bow has a MeanV CSS andthis device is one of the most clever and effective accessories ever - bar none.

However, I just bought a used 82nd and the previous owner removed the Bowtech Shortstop because "The MeanV was a lot quieter". This doesn't really make sense to me because they are so similar. He is sending the shortstop and I would prefer to use the factory accessory.

I have 101st and I like the Mean V better. I think that the sound difference is better....not much but I think it is. The main reason is it's looks and it's placement. I like that it is out of the way.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

ORIGINAL: kwilson16

I have 101st and I like the Mean V better. I think that the sound difference is better....not much but I think it is. The main reason is it's looks and it's placement. I like that it is out of the way.
ditto looks better and sounds better and out of the way.