Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Lumenok problem/question???? Please help >

Lumenok problem/question???? Please help

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lumenok problem/question???? Please help

Old 08-24-2008, 08:56 AM
Fork Horn

Default Lumenok problem/question???? Please help

I was doing some small game hunting the night before last at my buddys ranch. we drive around in a mule and spotlight stuff to shoot.I saw a cottontail so i hopped out while my buddy had the light on it and i let one fly i shot about an inch over the rabbit..dang[:@] but it was a good shot i think at 30 yards for my first ever shot at a real animal. but anyways my lumenok was lit until it reached the cactus residing behind the rabbot. luckily i walked rifght to it only using my cell phone as a light. I dont know if the impact pushed it out or what. do i need to have sitting a lil bit off the arrow when i nock it or does it need to ne pushed all the way in??? Please help it would be much appreciated. i dont want to shoot a buck at night and then try to find my arrow as a sign of a hit and not be able to find it. please tell me what i am doing wrong and what i can do to fix it. im pretty new to bowhunting and lumenoks lol. all comments are appreciated.

Thanks
Colten
Old 08-24-2008, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lumenok problem/question???? Please help

First off, it's illegal to shoot deer at nightSecondly, you want the nock just backed out enough that it's NOT lit up before you shoot, once you let go of your release the bow string will push the nock against your arrow creating the contact needed to activate it. Also, I assume you will be deer hunting from a elevated platform of some kind? Therefore if you blow through a deer the angle from shooting out of a platform will cause your arrow to stick into the ground, versus "skipping" when shooting off the ground, making it easier to find your arrow. Good luck.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:55 PM
Fork Horn

Try shooting the new tracer nocks... i shoot them and i really like them... They always light up. It uses a magnet that sits next to your rest and the magnet turns on the nock. After 10 seconds the nock starts blinking. You don't have to worry about contact points with the tracer nock.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:10 PM

He wasnt hunting deer....he said SMALL GAME. which is legal...Lumenoks suck. Flew to Africa with 6 and 1 worked came home sent them all back and they replaced them all and when I got the replacements only 2 worked so out of 12 lumenoks I had 3-4 working. ****TY PRODUCT. Go with the Easton Tracer.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: offroad7287

He wasnt hunting deer....he said SMALL GAME. which is legal...Lumenoks suck. Flew to Africa with 6 and 1 worked came home sent them all back and they replaced them all and when I got the replacements only 2 worked so out of 12 lumenoks I had 3-4 working. ****TY PRODUCT. Go with the Easton Tracer.
You might try reading the ENTIRE post before vomitting out the mouth.

"i dont want to shoot a buck at night and then try to find my arrow as a sign of a hit and not be able to find it."

I know he doesn't REALLY hunt deer at night....hence the
Old 08-24-2008, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

i meant i dont want to shoot a buck before night and then not find the arrow i know yall knew what i meant some of yall just like to be smart asses[:@]