Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Speed bows vs Block 4 x 4 vs Glendale Buck >

Speed bows vs Block 4 x 4 vs Glendale Buck

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Speed bows vs Block 4 x 4 vs Glendale Buck

Old 08-19-2008, 09:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Speed bows vs Block 4 x 4 vs Glendale Buck

seems someone needs to come up with new target designs...

wait....that would be dumb of them lol....they KNOW that we gotta shoot and need targets to do so....

its just getting harder and harder to stop an arrow...

i dont think SPEED has much to do with it though...other than maybe deeper penetration, speed isnt doing much to targets...not like a bullet hitting the target and expanding and destroying with shock waves...

just volume of shots...

maybe better accuracy leading to tighter groups...lol im reaching...i dont know...but dont know that speed is the problem...exspecially with foam type targets...

hillbilly, im in the same boat....im dying to buy a 18 in 1...JUST to get a free one lol...i keep repairing my bag and foam BH target...i'll get by this year...and next spring before i leave for my season of work, i plan to buy one to take with me....i honestly think they will be shipping me a free one within 6 months...i dont see it standing upto broadhead use...nothing does...its probably impossible..broadheads cut..plain and simple. but, they say they guarentee it...soooo sooner or later i'll test it....i wanna read the wording of the warrenty too...might be a tricky one to get made good...
Old 08-19-2008, 10:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

I knew I would be shooting more than normal so I wanted to get the best target out there.
Then you should have bought a Spyderweb.

Nothing beats them for field points... I think the last one we used at the factory took something like 60,000 shots as we filled out birth certificates on the new bows before boxing them up? I've got a couple of them down here in the lower level of my house I use to blank-bale with or to do some back-tension work on... I've POUNDED them with everything from my big, fat 3d arrows to slamming ACC's in them with my 82nd Airborne at 67 lbs... still get less than four inches of penetration on it.

If you're wanting to shoot at a 3d target with field points, find a Morrell Bionic Buck... not quite as durable as a Spyderweb, but beats everything else out there hands-down.

I too will be picking up a Rhinehart 18-in-1 for my broadheads soon. Currently, I use a Morrell Yellowjacket and I think it's done extremely well for the money I paid for it.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Spyderweb rocks. I just purchashed a 6 shooter by Morrell. Claims easy arrow removal. It wasn't so a call to them got me another new one. They said it must have been one that was mis labeled. Havn't been able to shoot it yet as myAllegence is waiting new limbs and cams.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:07 AM
Fork Horn

its really funny i read this post today. Just this moring i took a few shots, and i have the BLOCK the white/black one, anyway.. for the FIRST time ever i noticed that the arrows are peeking through the back now, about 2-4 inches stickin out. since im new to archery and dont practice THat much, i would say that target has about 350-450 shot MAX. and i only shoot field points, was gonna start with the practice heads (rage2 and Muzzy) that i got. crazy i thought.. I leave the BLOCK outside, and it was hot out, and very humid around here, and latley the arrows come out rather easier, and i was thinkin it was cuz of the weather perhaps.. call me crazy.. but does anyone think the weather has anything to do with the block? like softeing it up.. is that a word.? softeing.. or whatever.. you know what i mean.

Old 08-20-2008, 03:10 AM
Fork Horn

I just googles that Rinehard Rhino block 18-1. THats Kickass. i want one.. thats like the same price i paid for my Block.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:10 AM
New Sheriff

For the record, I have yet to shoot broadhead into either target
Old 08-21-2008, 09:43 AM
Fork Horn

i wanna read the wording of the warrenty too...might be a tricky one to get made good...
It says on their website if you shoot through ALL 18 sides within one year then they will give you a free one.SO, you can't just shoot through the big sides, gotta shoot through all those small 45 degree places, lol.