Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

glendale buck(worth it)

Old 02-21-2005, 02:14 AM

Default glendale buck(worth it)

debating on a 3d target---is the glendale worth the money or do you reccomend something else?
Old 02-21-2005, 02:27 AM

Default RE: glendale buck(worth it)

Sure, I think so. Are you going to be shooting field tips at it or broadheads? Keep in mind that most targets will stop any point, at first. But continued use of broadhead will rip up any target much much faster than field tips. For me the Riverbottom Buck was very cheap and the replacement vitals are only 10 or 11 dollars on ebay after shipping. It has been much more economical for me to cheaply replace the centers of this target than to buy and replace centers for much more expensive targets, like the Glendale Buck. I hope this helps.
Old 02-21-2005, 06:53 PM

about the river bottom buck isnt the arrows hard to pull out?
Old 02-22-2005, 06:22 AM

They are after they get to be about six months old, Keep them out of the sun and rain and they should stay pretty soft for a year or so, I have one inside the house I Shoot regularly and about to Junk it and get a glen del
Old 02-22-2005, 10:02 AM

I have never shot the GlenDale buck target, but it seems to me it would just be the same as a Block target, which I think are JUNK! If you shoot broadheads at them, you cut all of those layers of foam, then when you pull your arrow out, all of those pieces of foam layers start falling out too!
I don't know for sure, like I said, I have never shot one, but they look similar to the" Block Target " to me.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:10 AM

If it performs anything like The Block I would say do not get it. I bought a block about 4-5 months ago. Its been shot with only 30-40 broadheads and about 150-200 times with field points & getting passthroughs everywhere on it now. Just my experience though.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you want pass thrus after less than 200 shots, i would say it's your target. I am sure it will preform as good at its brothers the block and black hole. Get "regular" deer target for practice with field points and then get a yellow jacket or similar for broadheads.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm wondering are you guys that are getting passthroughs on your block after 200 shots...are you shooting at the same dot every time? I have a block that I put at least 1000 feild points in and still holding the arrow with no problem.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:28 AM

I had a black hole shot it for 8 days and it was geting pass throughs. I have a cheap replacible center deer from bass pro for 80 dollars shoot as much with braod heads it has a chunk missing in the front but never have had a pass thruogh. But if you get a regular target get a clear coat spray paint on it works to keep water and sun out plus looks alot nicer.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:21 PM

No gutshot, my pass throughs are through every spot on the target. I even turned it sideways and started shooting into the side of it.