Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Things i dont understand >

Things i dont understand

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Things i dont understand

Old 08-18-2008, 07:23 AM
Spike

Default Things i dont understand

I have been hunting for abour 20 yrs now. And even in my time things have changed. Im 34 now but the funniest thing i never understood is the cough muffler. now me i went out and bought it too see what it does. and you can still hear it somewhat when you cough. and another thing blowing calls, i bought the call where you suck in. and it seems more practical to use since your breath releases a order especially in a stand where you dont eat most of the day. Now here in Illinois i must say in Stephenson country we really dont worry about sent too much. we have deer practically living with us. so scent control is not that important.
Heck i dont Smoke but my uncle does and owns tons of land in Gays Mills Wisconsin area and he arrows a deer every year. while smoking in the stand. So sometimes i do believe in scent control like in less Human populated areas like when i go to Northern Maine to Hunt deer. i leave the house Nude and get into the woods Nude Until i throw on the trusty scent loc suits. But sometimes like any other thing Bow hunting has became a big sport and with that comes weird contraptions.
So i will always ask what is the COUGH MUFFLER

Old 08-18-2008, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Things i dont understand

The cough muffler is a money maker for someone.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

The cough muffler is a money maker for someone.
I don't think it is half as good as the new and improved fart deoderizer.
Now if we could just do something about those nasty stains.[:-]
Old 08-18-2008, 11:53 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: daughenbaugh hunter

i leave the house Nude and get into the woods Nude Until i throw on the trusty scent loc suits. But sometimes like any other thing Bow hunting has became a big sport and with that comes weird contraptions.
You walk nude in the woods and you call the cough silencer "weird"?

I'm notpicking on you, it was just funny to read....
Old 08-18-2008, 12:24 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: daughenbaugh hunter

i leave the house Nude and get into the woods Nude Until i throw on the trusty scent loc suits. But sometimes like any other thing Bow hunting has became a big sport and with that comes weird contraptions.
Some people think the scent lock suits are weird contraptions. And others might think that leaving the house nude until you get to the woods in northern maine is also weird....brrrr! Can you say shrinkage?