Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 LONE WOLF ALPHA SIT AND CLIMB QUESTION >

LONE WOLF ALPHA SIT AND CLIMB QUESTION

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

LONE WOLF ALPHA SIT AND CLIMB QUESTION

Old 08-17-2008, 06:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: LONE WOLF ALPHA SIT AND CLIMB QUESTION

Jeff, I'll be really honest about this. After using my LW for some time now, I could have you stand 20yrds away from me, and I'll set up my stand and start climbing, and you won't hear me. The reason I can say this is because I actually pulled this off with a doe (I kept an eye on her)about that distance away. She was behind some brush, but still was that close.I can also put my stand together in the dark as well. That's how simple it is. Honestly.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:04 AM
Dominant Buck

I believe you, EI. I feel the same way about my summit. I am actually in the market. I'll order a new stand, this week. The REAL issue that has me uncertain (about the LW) is the seat. I just hear horror stories about it. Now I have a viper I could use for long sits....and could use another stand for short sits......but I've just heard too many stories of people being uncomfortable in the LW stands.

Comfort is a big deal to me.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

As I've said in the past, the seat on the LW, I'll admit,is not comfortable as far as I'm concerned. That's "the only" bad thing I have been able to find on the LW. And yes, that's real important! But I've shown (previously posted pic) how I handled that situation, and it's not an issue for me any longer. With the little cushion (kept in my day pack)that I add to the seat, I'm able to do all day sits without a problem.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I believe you, EI. I feel the same way about my summit. I am actually in the market. I'll order a new stand, this week. The REAL issue that has me uncertain (about the LW) is the seat. I just hear horror stories about it. Now I have a viper I could use for long sits....and could use another stand for short sits......but I've just heard too many stories of people being uncomfortable in the LW stands.

Comfort is a big deal to me.
Have you heard any feedback on the new seat that Lone Wolf offers? You cannot even get the seat that you are referring to any more unless you find a left over stand in some ones inventory. For all of the positives that this stand offers replacing the seat is a moot point IMO. It is light, silent and built like a tank.

I have played with mine a few times, I cannot wait to actually get some field use with it once it counts

Old 08-17-2008, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

NavyDeerHunter,

I have one sort of silly quesion. What kind of tree were you climbing?
Old 08-17-2008, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

What's funny is that, if this were a rage BH thread and someone was saying they didn't like it because of "what they heard about it", others would be remarking on how can a person make negative comments about something they have never actually tried .
Old 08-17-2008, 08:19 AM
Typical Buck

I am telling you. Equalizer. Equalizer. Equalizer. Seriously, Equalizer.

I'll buy your next out of state permit if you don't like it!!!

www.equalizertreestands.com

LW climbers are for LOOKS![8D]
Old 08-17-2008, 08:30 AM
Dominant Buck

And I'd agree with them, Bruce. The LW stand I owned was uncomfortable as hell. I've heard the climber was, too....and I don't want it to be that way.

Buckeye....I thought you replaced your seat with the summit seat????
Old 08-17-2008, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

LOL....look above. I disagree!

I might give it a shot.....but it's hard to go away from something proven.

Jeff, even a Summit top section can fall down before getting ready to climb. I'll be honest and say I have only tried one Summit but that was enough as far as noise wise. Comparing those stiff cables raking the back of the tree or hitting adjacent branches vs the same scenario using a Lone Wolf was a huge difference maker when I first tried a LW. I don't know how the new LW seat is but I also added a small padded seat to mine and it became more than comfy enough.

By the way, the Equalizer is also a great stand that is quiet but I prefer an adjustable front bar.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:38 AM
Fork Horn

I ordered the Lone Wolf climber and it should be in this week. At 14.5 pounds I can learn to overcome any draw backs that might arise. Already a Lone Wolf lock-on owner, I expect the same degree of perfermance that I get from my other LWstands. Practice makes perfect just don't let it be on a real deer hunt. I have about 30 days to get it right.

Quick Reply: LONE WOLF ALPHA SIT AND CLIMB QUESTION

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.