Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 LONE WOLF ALPHA SIT AND CLIMB QUESTION >

LONE WOLF ALPHA SIT AND CLIMB QUESTION

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

LONE WOLF ALPHA SIT AND CLIMB QUESTION

Old 08-17-2008, 09:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: LONE WOLF ALPHA SIT AND CLIMB QUESTION

I couldn't help myself. Here again, isthe simple/inexpensive solution to the uncomfortable LW seat dilemma. You can sit all day with this. No more excuses guys.

Old 08-17-2008, 09:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

And I'd agree with them, Bruce. The LW stand I owned was uncomfortable as hell. I've heard the climber was, too....and I don't want it to be that way.

Buckeye....I thought you replaced your seat with the summit seat????
I did, mine did not have the new seat though. The new seat was not on the market yet when I bought mine earlier this summer. I know Justin has sat in the new seat and he seemed to have good things to say about it.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

I know a bunch of guys that have the older LW climbers and have all replaced the climber portion with the new sling seat climber. All of them rave about the stand and now about its comfort. Most of these guys sit all day.

I'll be getting a LW climber for my next stand.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have not seen the new Lone Wolf's. Theone I bought 6 years ago is inferior to my Summit open shot, if I cut the teeth off the Summit and put them on the Lone Wolf, put the quick climb stirrups on the Lone Wolf, thrue the top away and use the Summit top, pulled all the bolts out and welded it so it would be one solidconstruction, with no joints. It would be a nice stand.... No.... wait.....It would be aSummit open shot...
Old 08-17-2008, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: early in

The seat (top) portion of the stand has to have pressure/weight on it for it to grab properly and stay secure to the tree. Here's what I do to avoid that top section from slipping down to the platformwhen you stand, or take pressure off of it.
When I get to my desired hunting height, I take a treehook and screw it in right below the traction belt (back of the tree)so the seat portion can't slip down. As far as that bar goes, it's only really for sitting on while climbing up. It should be tucked up under your seat when you get set up. Don't use it as a guard rail!If you take that stand back, you're a nut. That's the best climber ever made.

All the climbers I have used have a ratchet strap to secure the top portion when you reach you're destination, does the LW not have one of these?
Old 08-17-2008, 10:22 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I have the Sit and Climb and haveused a Summit. I think to decide between the two pick what is more important, quiet and portability vs all day comfort.

The LW is dead quiet from packing to getting it on the tree to climbing. Once set on the tree it is more solid than the Summit and it won't move, creak, crack or make a sound. The Summit is bulkier to pack, makes more noise when setting up and is a little more of a pain to get on the tree, esp in the dark. It doesn't secure as tightly as the LW when set. The summit is FAR more comfortable than the LW. I've not used the new sling seat but can't think it makes that much of a difference. The LW is designed to be quiet, easy to get on the tree and portable. It is not designed for all day comfort.

I have not had issues with the seat as has been discussed. I have had issues related to the size of the seat portion. Not sure how big you are Jeff but the stand is small. I'm 6' 00" and 210lbs with an athletic body type. The stand is too small for me. With regular hunting clothes on I barely fit between the seat rails. The buckles of my harness don't fit. I have to be very careful when I stand up not to catch a buckle on the seat. If it catches it pulls the front of the seat up and it slides down a little. Pull up on the seat of any climber and it will slide. That is my biggest complaint with the stand is the size of the seat and I'm not all that big.

That said I love the stand if when on a trip and jumping from area to area or if setting up close to a bedding area. It packs better, and is MUCH quieter than the Summit, goes on the tree easier and is a more stable platform. Other than the size it is flawless for jumping areas and getting in and out quiet. If I'm planning an all day sit I wouldn't even consider the thing. I'd rather leave an hour ealier and take tree steps and a hang on and put that up to sit all day than take the LW. It has its place and its purpose, you just need to know its limitations.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: lifesadrag

The seat (top) portion of the stand has to have pressure/weight on it for it to grab properly and stay secure to the tree. Here's what I do to avoid that top section from slipping down to the platformwhen you stand, or take pressure off of it.
When I get to my desired hunting height, I take a treehook and screw it in right below the traction belt (back of the tree)so the seat portion can't slip down. As far as that bar goes, it's only really for sitting on while climbing up. It should be tucked up under your seat when you get set up. Don't use it as a guard rail!If you take that stand back, you're a nut. That's the best climber ever made.

All the climbers I have used have a ratchet strap to secure the top portion when you reach you're destination, does the LW not have one of these?
No. The LW has a traction belt with a cam lock down system. Real quiet, and very secure.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:28 AM
Dominant Buck

SO let me get this straight.....The LW seat, now, is comfortable? I'm gonna go to the site and check 'em out. EI .....no offense....but that still looks like a mild method of torture.

What do you lean back on? I snooze in my stand!

If I order one and don't like it.....will someone buy it from me for$325 + shipping? I shouldn't have to pay more than $50 to sit in it once, should I?
Old 08-17-2008, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: lifesadrag

No. The LW has a traction belt with a cam lock down system. Real quiet, and very secure.
That sounds like a good idea.....one less thing to fiddle with.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Quietest climbing stand on the market IMO.
LOL....look above. I disagree!

I might give it a shot.....but it's hard to go away from something proven.
What is it you always say..how can you bash a product you never used? Your a Summit man, good for you, when it's a Summit thread, please, chime in! Until that or you have a Lone Wolf your just another Yappy Dog!

The best stand hands down, quiet light, easy to climb. Is one product, for everyone nah ...many of you guys are just looking for a place to nap. [:-]

Quick Reply: LONE WOLF ALPHA SIT AND CLIMB QUESTION

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.