Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would you shoot an immature Coyote? >

Would you shoot an immature Coyote?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you shoot an immature Coyote?

Old 08-14-2008, 03:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Would you shoot an immature Coyote?

ORIGINAL: fletch920
Also, from the size of some of those fawns you better have pretty good binos to see those buttons.
What does the size of the fawn have to do with the ability to see the buttons? Also, if you are within bow-range and cannot tell a button buck from a doe fawn, then you need to pay better attention to details.

The whole 'yote thing is like calling Obama a Republican.
What??
Old 08-14-2008, 03:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: hatchet jack

Yes, why not, Like my wife tells me all the time, size does not matter BABY!!

Hatchet Jack
That right there is funny, I don't care who you are!
Old 08-14-2008, 03:35 PM
Typical Buck

I respect your view....but can't for the life of me understand why my sitaution doesn't make sense to others.
I can see that. But, you do understand that shooting a doe is better for the herd, then shooting a fawn, right?
Old 08-14-2008, 03:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Introducing morals into this thread is like Rosie saying no to Ho-Ho's ,it just ain't right.
Let me ask you Jim.....

Woulditmake you feel"morally"superior to forego the killing one deer.....if the overall health of the herd suffers because of it?
"Superior " no.......... "better" yes

As a grown man you can't honestly believe that by your killing of a 4 month old fawn that weights at best 50 lbs is going to better the over all health of the herd. The fawn, if bread will drop one fawn next spring the 1.5 year old or older will drop 2 may be 3 fawns your killing the wrong ones for no more reason than to kill something.
The fawn eats less, breeds less, and has a better chance of becoming predator bait yet you seek knighthood for ridding the world of such atrocious pests.
I know,I know you target (hate) them all not just the little ones.

Jeff, not to piss in your Cheerios but mother nature you ain't. Some how I think you might enjoy the sport of deer hunting more if you looked at it as an enjoyable past timeinstead of a tactical mission to free the oppressed.[:-]

Old 08-14-2008, 03:38 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Badger_Girl93

Also, from the size of some of those fawns you better have pretty good binos to see those buttons.
What does the size of the fawn have to do with the ability to see the buttons? Also, if you are within bow-range and cannot tell a button buck from a doe fawn, then you need to pay better attention to details.

The whole 'yote thing is like calling Obama a Republican.
What??
If you've never seen a fawn with buttons so small as to be almost undetectable then you either havent seen many button bucks or your deer are far different than the long haired critters we have. I have noticed it is much easier to tell on early season deer here and on southern deer, but some of them are quite difficult once they get thier long winter coat. Belive me, I have probably killed more deer with a bow than many of you are years old, this in a state with very limited tags, my attention to detail is quite good.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:38 PM
Dominant Buck

ICALL:

Again.....put yourself in my shoes. There is no "point" to be made on whether or not killing adoe or a fawn is "better". It's irrelevant. I kill them ALL (female deer). You guys act like I can pick and choose. I don't miss the chance to kill ANY female deer. Period. It's not in my best interest.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:40 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Introducing morals into this thread is like Rosie saying no to Ho-Ho's ,it just ain't right.
Let me ask you Jim.....

Woulditmake you feel"morally"superior to forego the killing one deer.....if the overall health of the herd suffers because of it?
"Superior " no.......... "better" yes

As a grown man you can't honestly believe that by your killing of a 4 month old fawn that weights at best 50 lbs is going to better the over all health of the herd. The fawn, if bread will drop one fawn next spring the 1.5 year old or older will drop 2 may be 3 fawns your killing the wrong ones for no more reason than to kill something.
The fawn eats less, breeds less, and has a better chance of becoming predator bait yet you seek knighthood for ridding the world of such atrocious pests.
I know,I know you target (hate) them all not just the little ones.

Jeff, not to piss in your Cheerios but mother nature you ain't. Some how I think you might enjoy the sport of deer hunting more if you looked at it as an enjoyable past timeinstead of a tactical mission to free the oppressed.[:-]

That was awsome!!!!!
Old 08-14-2008, 03:42 PM
Typical Buck

It's not in my best interest.
Because you can shoot so many females , it is not a real big issue of fawn or doe. Like, it is "so bad" you just need to get rid of as many as possible?

Am I getting anywhere?
Old 08-14-2008, 03:42 PM
Dominant Buck

If you've never seen a fawn with buttons so small as to be almost undetectable then you either havent seen many button bucks or your deer are far different than the long haired critters we have.
Who in the world would shoot if they couldn't make the distinction (and it mattered to them)? That's assinine.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:48 PM
Fork Horn

A legend in your own mind. Doesn't matter, my kids get it and they're the ones that will inherit the farm.
Ahhh....that didn't take too long...

When in the absence of a legitimate argument to bolster your stance.......simply stoop to personal insults. The attack Ad Hominem.

You always say its not an argument. Yet you must feel like you win in some strange way. I didnt need to bolster any stance, everyone else gets it because its just so easy to understand.(I know that from the PM's)I simply gave you what you wanted so you could use your favorite daily line.."attack Ad Hominem." lol. the martyr. The rest of us just get tired, you can take your ball and go home now, I think my mom just flashed the porch lite.

Quick Reply: Would you shoot an immature Coyote?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.