Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Form Question

Old 08-13-2008, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Form Question

I installed a new HHA Optimizer sight on my bow tonight, and I love it so far. I use a "No-Peep" which I had to take off my bow but it should have been put back on in the same spot.

Anyway, when I draw my bow, i put the kisser in the corner of my mouth, and bring my face forward down on the string and rest the center of my nose on the string. For some reason this didnt feel comfortable tonight. Is this right??

Thinking about it I would have to turn/lean my head slightly to line my nose up the string. But I drew my bow w. my eyes closed and settled comfortable and then opened and my no-peep was dead on. So I think its right. The issue could be that I havent shot my bow in over a month... And I wasnt shooting much before then... Its just been a crazy year and I havent had a lot of shooting time... I hope it becomes more comfortable as I shoot more...
Old 08-13-2008, 06:08 PM

Default RE: Form Question

Just stay consistant with whatever you do.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Form Question

I guess thats true, I was getting 1" groups at 18 yrds after 5 shots of sighting in.