Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 May be we should >

May be we should

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

May be we should

Old 08-08-2008, 03:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: May be we should

You're welcome! Funny stuff!!
Old 08-08-2008, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

Wow!

No one got my sarcasm at all. Well except one person.. thanks Jeff.
I got'cha' homie
Old 08-08-2008, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Compiled data does not a hunter make. Compiled data will not balance the UNBALANCED deer populations. Really, the best way to end it is for everyone to understand HOW it's suppose to work and why what they say that makes it work.... is about unscientific as you can get. IF it has any advantage at ALL, it's lost about the first time you sweat in it or get it contaminated. Your dryer can not expell the unexpellable. When something is NON Volitile... it can't be evaporated with a simple home dryer. Hell, the stuff doesn't vaporize in a still working at 250 degrees. "REPLICATED HUMAN ODOR" is NOT fatty acids and oils and the substance of human odor. They saturate the fabic with a volitile(it'll vaporize in a home dryer" REPLICATED HUMAN ODOR and then declare it works. Any statistics you might keep on who wears it and all that are bogus without a controlled environment and deer densities and hunter abilities. It would mean NOTHING.
Agreed, but it would make for some interesting reading
Old 08-08-2008, 03:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: silentassassin

You guys are raping my idea.[8D]
That right there is friggen hysterical!!I'm still laughing!!
Old 08-08-2008, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

The real question is...."if one is wearing nothing but a scent lok jockey strap, does your crotchial region attract flies"?
Old 08-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

Maybe we should use the bowhunting contest to compile some statistical data to help settle the scent lok argument. Just to keep it simple we could have categories like no scent control, full scent lok with full scent control measures, full scent control measures without scentlok and then determine the % of hunters in each group that kill a buck and the average gross score of the deer killed by the hunters in each group. Just an idea.......
You mean an entire experiment with no control.

Gee that sounds great. Wonderful in fact. That should solve it once and for all.

Heck.. while we're at it.. let's throw in our bow manufacturer's as well.

I've always wanted to see who sold the bow that gets the most amount of deer taken. Then I can buy that bow next year!

Awesome!
Yeah, maybe you can buy the top 2 or 3 bows for next year, what the hell!!
Old 08-08-2008, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

this wouldnt be a possible study. not anywhere near enough controlled variables.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

The real question is...."if one is wearing nothing but a scent lok jockey strap, does your crotchial region attract flies"?
some one is already trying this question out

Old 08-09-2008, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

this wouldnt be a possible study. not anywhere near enough controlled variables
Sure it would be a possible study. It may not be a "valid" study from a purely scientific standpoint but you can study anything. Iwasn't intending that we do asceintific experiment. I was suggesting that we collect and study some data and that the results of that data would be interesting to hear. There will be hunters from all three groups hunting allover the country and represented in all types of ground (public, private, etc.). In others words there will inevitably be for example (guys hunting public ground in the NE that use scent control, that doesn't use scent control, that use scent lok, that don't use scent lok). While their may not be a control to make this a "valid" "scientific" experiment, you guys have to admit that given the # of hunters that visit this site if enough data is collected, it will be interesting data and it would be interesting to see the trends.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

It's a known fact, Bowtech 360,that more big bucks are killed every fallby Baptists than any other religious group.

They're prolific hunters.....but wouldn't be caught dead making love while standing up. Someone may mistaken it for dancing.
now THERE is an IGNORANT statement

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.