Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Lone wolf climber >

Lone wolf climber

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lone wolf climber

Old 08-08-2008, 02:59 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Lone wolf climber

I have the LW hand climber and just love it. As BobCo said, "I prefer the openness of it." I'm also too smart to sit here and report that I prefer it over the Sit and Climb, because I have never used one! The fact of the matter is, and everyone on this thread so far will agree, that you won't go wrong with a LW climber, or any LW stand for that matter!!!

Great products. Innovative, light, extremely sturdy and quiet. One piece platforms etc. etc. etc.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:29 AM
Fork Horn

what is the weight of the sit and climb? Is it a hassle getting it in and out of the woods? Thanks for your help so far, this is definatly making my decision easier!!
18 lbs. No, it is a breeze packing it in and out, it folds down and packs very flat. As far as price, its only $30 more I believe. Also, you can buy just a top section at a later date. The platform is the same. So with one platform, and two different tops you could have a Sit and Climb or a Hand climber for use at any time.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here is a review I did of this stand.

http://forums.bowhunting.com/yaf_postst252_Lone-Wolf-Sit-and-Climb-review.aspx
Old 08-09-2008, 10:10 AM
Fork Horn

Oh yeah, buckeye's review reminded me, get you a set of Gray Wolf Woolens straps for it. They are very awesome, feels like the stand weighs 5 lbs lighter with them. I hated the cheap factory straps.

Old 08-09-2008, 10:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have both the sit n climb and the hand climber. The hand climber goes to the woods 8 out of 10 times. But it does require a person to be reasonably fit.

Either way Great stands!
Old 08-09-2008, 01:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

By the time you get done you'll be spending a lot more than 30. I don't know wht they're doing in 08 but the 07 required longer belts better straps and a better seat.

I wanted one untill I put my hands on one twice. If they were all that and more I'd pay the rediculous tag, I didn't find them to be. As far as I'm concerend there isn't one.