Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Time to see...

Old 08-07-2008, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Time to see...

I am happy when people can legally take gameby whatever means, and in whatever fashion, they derive enjoyment from.

This thread got me to wondering though: What is the difference in hunting in a high fence if that is the only way to "get" certain animals in certain parts of the countryand hunting bears over bait if that is the only way to "get" bears in certain parts of the country?
Old 08-07-2008, 07:54 AM
Dominant Buck

PT, is everything thats perfectly legal look good in your eye's or on everyone elses eyes that see high fence hunting as being ok?
PT I'll take this one....

One man's high fence is another man's bait barrel.

Hunt legally and ethically and you'll never hear a peep outta me.

**EDIT**

(Didn't see Bruce's post)

Damn, Bruce.....simple minds, huh?

Old 08-07-2008, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

I This thread got me to wondering though: What is the difference in hunting in a high fence if that is the only way to "get" certain animals in certain parts of the countryand hunting bears over bait if that is the only way to "get" bears in certain parts of the country?
Bruce why did you have to go there!

Get the popcorn ready!
Old 08-07-2008, 08:12 AM
Fork Horn

Where do those juicy cheeseburgers and that tasty KFCcome from? Animals in pens, I suspect. In fact I might have even known that at age 8 too. Maybe...
ORIGINAL: bawanajim
Bythe age of eight I knew it was bothwrong and unnecessary to kill an animal in a pen.
I guess it just takes some a little longer to figurethat out.

Don't most hunters have to "pay" for a hunting license?
ORIGINAL: bawanajim
The hardest part for me to over look is the why would you pay to kill some thing that roams freely in almost every state?
Old 08-07-2008, 08:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

What is the difference in hunting in a high fence if that is the only way to "get" certain animals in certain parts of the country and hunting bears over bait if that is the only way to "get" bears in certain parts of the country?
Well for one thing Bruce the bear are free to go where they want.

Wouldn't expect anything different out of you Jeff. Lets see here, I've hunted bear for 17 years and I've been successful in 9 of them years. Its a real guarantee isn't it Jeff! Another thing too, the Minnesota DNR isn't happy with the amount of bear that are shot every year. They wish it was allot more. They average about 3100 bear a year shot in this state. They wish it was in that 5000 range. Bear hunting with bait is so easy. You got me!! I should of known that a "know it all" from NC knows what bear hunting is like in Minnesota. Heck, this guy knows everything. Just ask him.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:28 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

We rarely see eye to eye, but you hit it on the head here. I see all kinds of folks putting down high fense but won't hesitate to go and put out 100lbs of corn, which I loathe, and wish MD would ban. But I am not paying for these folks corn, plots, or high fense hunt, so who am I to tell em they are wrong?

Old 08-07-2008, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

What is the difference in hunting in a high fence if that is the only way to "get" certain animals in certain parts of the country and hunting bears over bait if that is the only way to "get" bears in certain parts of the country?
Well for one thing Bruce the bear are free to go where they want.
But they are still in a specific area by use of artificial means. If there were 5000 acres fenced in where you hunt bears would you be able to kill them without bait then?
Old 08-07-2008, 08:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

We rarely see eye to eye, but you hit it on the head here. I see all kinds of folks putting down high fense but won't hesitate to go and put out 100lbs of corn, which I loathe, and wish MD would ban. But I am not paying for these folks corn, plots, or high fense hunt, so who am I to tell em they are wrong?

Wake up bigc! That quote of Jeff's was aimed right at me on bear baiting in Minnesota. Not baiting deer in any other state.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:34 AM
Dominant Buck

If you're hunting legally.....and ethically.....I won't say a word to ya. May not be my bag, but I won't condemn you for it. That includes baiting bears. Nothing against it. I despise the double-standards, though
Old 08-07-2008, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Where is there a "double-standard" in "hunting" a captive animal, and "luring" one with bait?

That is the most ridiculous BS I have ever heard.

Quick Reply: Time to see...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.