Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Time to see...

Old 08-06-2008, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Time to see...

if anyone here has an answer for "me", not GMMAT.

I want to know one thing. If you or someone you know has ever hunted a High Fence hunt, please tell me why.

1. For meat?
2. For antlers?
3. It was free hunt?
4. Because I/they could not get out of state tags or land?
5. Because I/they could not be successful somewhere else?
6. Other

I know it's a forum and some will probably lie, some will avoid like the plague, some may brag, others yet may give an honest answer. So let's hear what you have to say.

LT
Old 08-06-2008, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Time to see...

I hunted boars in a high fence area back in the spring of 07. Yes, it was free to me...we wanted the meat, and the mount. Let me tell ya this...that was no easy task. Stalking boars in the mountains of Tennessee was no joke! Yes, it was high fenced but it was the whole FREAKING mountain that was fenced in. That was a workout. I'd do it again too...for another pig!
Old 08-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

If everone will be as honest as you, this thread may actually help me see. Not that I want to hunt like that, because I would never.

LT
Old 08-06-2008, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

What? No more honest folk here?
Old 08-06-2008, 07:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

LT, I never have. I have to say, as I did in GMMAT's thread, that if there is a ton of land that is fenced and the deer can elude hunters the way they should be able to, then I really don't have a problem with these hunts. It's the tight quarters high fenced hunts that I don't agree with. You know, the type you seewhere they have regular feeding "stations". And all the deer meet there at certain times, and you simply "choose" which buck you want tokill/buy. That's the crap I don't like. Did this help any?
Old 08-06-2008, 07:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would never spend my money on one . I WOULD go on a free hunt tho .... my brother did it once with pigs ..... he'll never do it again ... it wasn't like NC's experience ....
Old 08-06-2008, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NCRemington700

I hunted boars in a high fence area back in the spring of 07. Yes, it was free to me...we wanted the meat, and the mount. Let me tell ya this...that was no easy task. Stalking boars in the mountains of Tennessee was no joke! Yes, it was high fenced but it was the whole FREAKING mountain that was fenced in. That was a workout. I'd do it again too...for another pig!
X2, Did the exact same thing in March one year. It was a fun thing to do when we couldn't hunt anything else. And they make neat looking mounts too.

I'd rather hunt pigs in a fence than on my hunting property. They will tear up your hunting grounds!!!
Old 08-06-2008, 07:56 PM

Yes, I have for hogs and would again, in fact I'm planning on it.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, in South Africa and parts of Botswana. Were talking about 10k+ acre farms here thathaveto combatpoaching/illegal trapping to ensure their livelyhood. I don't regret it, and I plan on returning in the near future.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:09 PM

never have hunted in a fenced in place. Doubt I ever will, I said it before, I think it takes the wholesomeness out of it, but that's my own opinion, others can do as they please and I won't tell they are wrong, some people would rather have things in their favor.

Quick Reply: Time to see...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.