Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 String Splitter.... >

String Splitter....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

String Splitter....

Old 08-05-2008, 09:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default String Splitter....

I installed the Junior on my DXT last week... Only been out to shoot with it 3 times since then, but I'm not 100% sold at this point... It's a great idea I think and for low light it should work great...

However, I seem to be getting ALOT of string noise I never had before and also a little arm slap... I adjusted my grip a little and the arm slap went away, I assume this is because the string travels further with the added weight of the splitter... And the noise is really getting to me... It's not that loud, but it's not as quite as the DXT should be... Which doesn't sit well...

I'm going to shoot tonight and make my decision on it... Has anyone else tried this..?? Same issues, or no issues...??
Old 08-05-2008, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: String Splitter....

I shot the string splitter for a few months this year. Like you, I thought it was a great idea, but after shooting it for a bit I decided it was not for me. I did not have any problems with arm slap, but I did notice a little extra noise from the string. My biggest problem with it was it was just too big which made a little harder for me to pick out a spot. I know it would be great in low light, but I went back to smaller peep and think I will stick with that since it has always worked before.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: String Splitter....

I like the concept but even the junior is huge, I just dont like putting a big hunk of metal in my string. You can get the same effect using a sight with a larger sight ring and going to a bigger peep. I believe I have a 3/16th peep and I cant see well enough through that to shoot then its pretty much pitch black and after legal shooting hours.