Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

string splitter

Old 02-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default string splitter

Has anyone tried the string splitter peep sight? If so, how did you like it compared to a regular peep sight?
Old 02-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: string splitter

Personally, I wouldn't have one if you give it to me!

Dan
Old 02-11-2009, 03:01 PM
Fork Horn

I liked the looks of it but went with a G5 meta. I don't have a problem with it. It seems to be well constructed and is a fine idea,I went as far as to pick it up and carry it all through the store 1/2 hr or more before changing my mind. I hope some one here has used one, I would get one to try out.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:19 PM
Spike

I have the string splitter mini. I had the JR, but it put stress on my string and it started to fray. Original strings on a new bow aint the best quality anyways. I switched to the mini and it took me a while to get used to it. You have to line up the arc of the string splitter up with the arc of you sight frame to get the right anchor point every time, if you don't then your shot will be off. I had originally bought a 1/4 " g5 meta peep, but switched to the string splitter cause I love the idea of letting all the light in when it starts to get dark. I shoot very accurate with it. I was allittle worried at first cause of the size I figured it would be hard to get very accurate. But after shooting it alot and getting used to lining up the peep arc with my sights it works great. They also suggest on getting a kisser to fine tune it for the best accuracy, but I don't feel I need to. I'm happy with my accuracy. After using one and getting used to it I would never go back to any other peep and having to leave my stand in the evening when I can still see my pin but it's too dark to see through my peep. I am looking into getting the timberline no peep now and getting rid of peeps for good. I'm still undecided though.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got the biggest one made and love it, never lined it up with nothing just had it put on and it works for me.
No more straining to see at last light on cloudy days.I tryed no peep at all after using one for years and that did not work out for me.So i got the splitter will never use nothing else.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got the biggest one made and love it, never lined it up with nothing just had it put on and it works for me.
No more straining to see at last light on cloudy days.I tryed no peep at all after using one for years and that did not work out for me.So i got the splitter will never use nothing else.