Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The String Splitter: Your Opinions >

The String Splitter: Your Opinions

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The String Splitter: Your Opinions

Old 03-25-2008, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default The String Splitter: Your Opinions

Either I'm totally behind the times and just never heard of this product, or it's something new and I still haven't heard of it. In any case, it looks like a traditional peep it's just missing the bottom half. Looks like you only use the top part of the arch to align with your pin guard and you're ready to shoot. I guess the premise is that it allows more light into your field of view, making those after-legal-shooting-hours shots just a little bit easier. Ok, maybe not after legal hours, but close!

In any case, I think it looks like a pretty cool deal. I may even pick one up and try it out. Anyone here seen or used this product before??

http://www.stringsplitter.net

Old 03-25-2008, 05:53 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: The String Splitter: Your Opinions

What are the small holes for?
Old 03-25-2008, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would guess to reduce the weight a bit in order not to slow your string down quite as much?
Giant Nontypical

To cut weight.

I need to look into a bit because I'm pretty sure the company making them is in my hometown here?
(Yep just checked it's a York, PA product.......has to be good )
Dominant Buck

I really see no improvement over a peep. In fact, I can see that it would be less accurate and probably lead to poor shots as light faded. It's pretty hard to beat concentric circles for consistancy. Did you notice they recomment you have a kisser with it for added accuracy.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

To cut weight.

I need to look into a bit because I'm pretty sure the company making them is in my hometown here?

207 South Sumner Street
York, PA 17404
Phone: (717) 699-0005
Fax: (717) 699-0055

Old 03-25-2008, 05:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes it is new..saw it in an Archery Rag about new items. I reckon the benefit is more usable light.?.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

I really see no improvement over a peep. In fact, I can see that it would be less accurate and probably lead to poor shots as light faded. It's pretty hard to beat concentric circles for consistancy. Did you notice they recomment you have a kisser with it for added accuracy.
Actually it says you "can" use it with a kisser. Probably just to head off all of the "can I use this with my kisser button" questions. As for decreased accuracy, I don't see it. As it is right now I use a rather large peep which only allows me to align the top of my pin guard with the top of the peep itself, leaving a big gap at the bottom that I pay no attention to. This thing eliminates all that material that isn't helping me anyways and allows more light to enter my field of vision. To me, I would think it's a low light improvement. But then again, maybe I'm retarded and/or missing something.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

david, I'm with you on this. I agree it would be less accurate IMO.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:06 AM
Dominant Buck

Justin, they do make those peeps in different sizes you know. LOL Or you can drill it out.

Quick Reply: The String Splitter: Your Opinions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.