Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Listen,  Watch, Learn >

Listen, Watch, Learn

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Listen, Watch, Learn

Old 07-31-2008, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Listen, Watch, Learn

Sorry to hijack...just a side note. Matt, I had a somewhat established routine done once I switched to left hand, but I read over your list, and added in the breathing sequence, and I'll be darned if it doesn't help relax me as well as help with a smooth fluid draw back. I've also tried bringing the pin down from 12 o'clock rather than up, and that's working out for me much better as well. Thanks for the tips.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Matt,for giving us your complete sequence,Thanks Rob for your response.Of course there are a lot of variables when shooting at game.The repetition/discipline of a shot sequence cannot help but serve everyone well IMO.
What was a tremendous help to me in my evolutution as an archer (my own personal circumstances) was truly relaxing when shooting,being more concerned with proper form than where the arrow went and letting down if I was uncomfortable with any thing about the impending shot.Also in my opinion most archers shoot to quickly shot to shot instead of allowing their bodies ample time to return to full strength/stamina.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PABuck_HNTR

Did you in all this listening...spooning get Atlasman reinstated?
This is off subject....but what would make you think he'd want to come back? He's a big boy, he can try to get himself reinstated if he wants.
Come on, Germs been his advocate since he was removed. He was there face to face with the powers that be, what better time would there be to put in a plug!He has nowAtlasmans last quote when he posts. You don't find that funny?Maybe off subject but it's here staring anyone who cares to see it right in the faceYou new here or haven't you paid attention to germs posts?

I don't really care one way or tother. He was interesting to read even though we never saw eye to eye.

Just ribb'n ya Germ.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Friendly ribbing.....

Rob/Pa's the best 3D shooter I've shot with. Period.

Needed sayin'
Old 08-01-2008, 07:27 AM

I would have to say, this is one of the most informative topics I have read in awhile, as far as really helping me with my shooting. You see, I have a hard time finding anyone to even shoot a bow with around here, much less find an actualcoach. Everything I have learned so far has been by reading/teaching myself and I am sure I do alot wrong.

Three simple little words, "Tust your float." Simple words, but the concept is very deep. I started trying it last night and I can tell it is going to help me alot, and my son also. I have always been very guilty of doing a "drive by." Thank you guys for bringing up the subject. I don't post alot, mostly I read, and these kinds of topics are what I am really here for. You may have to sift alot to find them sometimes but every now and then there are these little nuggets of truth that can really change the way you do things.

I know I need to work on my shot sequence also, but I have known that for awhile. Just been procrastinating on it.